Friday, January 08, 2010
Random Blogoversary Thoughts
I spent my blogoversary checking on the snow (we are buried), visiting as many of you as I could, and thinking about where I want to go from here (as well as a lot other stuff). Here are a few things that I'm considering. I won't call them resolutions because I'm not good at them.
* I found the the cartoon above great blog by a gentleman called Dave Walker who shares his fun cartoons with all and sundry. Do give it a look.
* I've been terribly remiss in spending time at Blogher and think I'd like to restore and increase my presence there. I'll tell y'all where to find me there.
* Some of my favorite series have been languishing which means I have huge backlogs of material and more appearing daily. You long-time visitors will recall Weird Words, My Favorite Mysteries and The Founding Fathers on the Bill of Rights.
* Since y'all seem to like a good (or bad) groooaannn, The Groaner of the Week stays as I have said before and if you come across an excellent new groaner you want to share, please email it to me at the addy in the sidebar and I will link it your blog. God knows we all love new readers and we need a good giggle to start our week.
* And yeah, my passion for Ohio State football will continue.
* Old TV is fun and it will be around for a while, too. It reminds me of simpler times when people had manners and ethics and nasty language was not a staple of entertainment.
* I think I want to avoid politics mostly -- it's not good for my blood pressure and some people think that my blog is a forum for their agenda. Then again, there are times when I seriously have to holler about the idiocies that our leaders and the talking heads are attempting to perpetrate. Some times the Cranky Old Broad insists on ranting.
* I haven't done a story for The Elder Storytelling Place in a long time and I'd like to do that, too.
* And my How I Got to Be Me blog is wayyyy overdue for updating. What can I say? It's not easy to relive less than pleasant memories.
* My blog roll needs to be updated which means I have to do some housework here. Who knows? I might even redecorate while I'm at it. (I do wish Blogger would come up with some new templates.)
Yeah, I'm being ambitious in my thoughts and I might even accomplish some of it! The bottom line is that I'm here and plan to hang around for a while and hope y'all will, too.