It's Saturday and I look on the past week as an exercise in frustration. My sleep patterns are still messed up and my appetite is nonexistent so I wasn't surprised that I'm losing weight; what surprised me is that I haven't lost more. When Diane called today (smile), she had a fit when she heard that. She had a fit over a couple other things, too, but that's just the way things are Kay's World where surreal and pathetic are the norm. It's reaching the point where I don't even want to fight anymore and that isn't my style. Warrior girl has left the building.
* I'm having fun filling out forms for the endocrinologist and the gastroenterologist. Right. Why the latter? He wants to see me before I have a colonoscopy. I'm so excited (NOT!) about both. One thing that sort of grated on me was a note from the endocrinologist in bold face type: you will be charged a $25.00 no show fee if you do not cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance. Sigh. Greed rules.
* My son never did call me back. 'Nuff said.
* I still don't have all the stuff to get my Part D stuff straightened out. I have the forms but not the card that was allegedly sent the same day and I need refills. Yay for the Post Awful!
* My young neighbor Brice was over yesterday to bring my Christmas stuff upstairs for me. He didn't have school today and his mom said he could stay as long as I was willing to put up with him. (She says that he thinks the world of me.) We played Monopoly until after midnight. He won. He's a good kid and is fascinated with some of my stuff and asks lots of questions. He found my Tarot cards and was fascinated and asked if I knew how to read them. So I did a reading for him and he was pleased. D.O.G. hung out with us and slept at my feet when he wasn't begging for dog cookies.
* The Bernanke hearings have had my attention. If you recall his behavior during the bailouts earlier this year, you know why he merits watching. Here are two videos from MSNBC and Glenn Beck (who is not and never will be on my list of good guys). Since both are usually espouse opposing views, I found it the similarity in their responses interesting and that they both chose to talk to Ron Paul whose books I've read and liked. It's scary when both sides agree. I really loved what Senator Jim Bunning had to say.
* My good friend, M.E. over at Xtreme English has the absolute best statement on marriage that I've ever seen! Kudos to New York State Senator Diane Savino for thinking a knotty question through to a logical conclusion and expressing herself so eloquently. I couldn't find fault with anything she said and that's unusual for me since I'm suspicious of all politicians.
* Judy over at Imagine . . . has more stunning photos of the NC Governor's Mansion. Go look and prepare to be awed with her and her co-workers art!
Well gee, I'm tired and I think I'm going to read myself to sleep. Hopefully, I'll get in more than four hours in and wake up feeling human. Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!!!!