It was another 'fun' day in Kay's World as I mustered my courage to deal with bureaucracy and assorted other nonsense on the never-ending list of gottados.
(Why do I have the urge to have a good stiff drink before I deal with some of these people?) And I didn't get it all done. Sigh.
* I spent over TWO hours on the phone with Medicare trying figure out what I have and don't have for coverage. Some of it came as a huge surprise to me. I don't know about y'all, but when I first got Medicare I was bombarded with enough paper from various medical companies to decimate several forests. I didn't bother to look at moat of it. And finally, I just opened mail from Medicare or CMS which usually tells me little or nothing. It turns out that because I am low income, I was assigned Part D coverage but never was notified of it and never got a card which angers me because I've been paying more than I should for my prescriptions. This Medicare stuff is so damned confusing that they need a class called Medicare 101 to clarify it. I am a pretty intelligent, well-educated person and if I find it difficult to navigate, I can only imagine how many people find it a challenge. The good news was that the ladies I talked with were patient, courteous and knowledgeable when I explained my plight.
* Question to y'all: Is a Medicare Advantage plan worth it? I talked with someone about it briefly and need to check to see which one(s) my doctor takes. (Y'all can email me at the addy in the sidebar if you have a lot to say about it.) I really do want to hear what y'all have experienced with it.
* The bad news is that I still have to make some more bureaucracy calls tomorrow if I can muster the courage. Argh!!! Then again, I might actually get through to talk to someone without sitting on hold for 45 minutes since most people will be getting ready for Turkey Day.
* I'm going to be doing my usual routine on Thanksgiving Day and volunteering at my parish's dinner for the homeless and hungry. I hope we don't have to turn anyone away. With 12% unemployment here and no end in sight there are many who will be in need. I haven't decided what my Thanksgiving dinner will be -- prolly what ever I scavenge from the fridge 'cause I'm damned if I'm walking in a grocery store today.
* AND y'all know I won't participate in Black Friday -- there's nothing I want so badly that I would risk life and limb to get it. I think that I'm just going to mostly ignore the holidays.
There were a couple other things on my alleged mind that seem to have disappeared (I gotta start taking notes) and it's the wee hours and I'm finally tired -- if my sleep patterns ever get back to normal it will be a miracle -- so I'm going niters.