I hope y'all had an excellent Thanksgiving!! Mine was quiet. I did my volunteer work at the parish and, as always, it was gratifying. Of course, we were busy as you-know-what so I was tired when I got home. I made myself a plate of turkey and trimmings and ate. Had some chest pains that scared me and put myself to bed for a nap. When I woke up, I felt better and I called my stepmother and we talked for a while. She was delighted. I guess none of her many nieces and nephews visited or invited her to share their holiday. I understand how she felt. I did promise her that I will visit come Spring. Ohio winters are not fun for driving.
* I have to get a new planner for the new year. My schedule is filling up with doctor appointments (and not much else) -- yet another sign that I'm getting old and decrepit.
* I had dropped off necessary paperwork at a state agency back at the beginning of October. I never was notified of the changes that were supposed to be made. I called several times about it -- but refuse to sit on 'hold' for more than an 45 minutes (and that does a nasty number on my blood pressure). On Wednesday afternoon I called in hopes that people were getting ready for the holiday and 'hold' would be short. I got lucky and got someone to talk to after five minutes on hold. The young lady checked and yes, I did turn in the paperwork (duh?) and said she was placing me on emergency status -- good stuff, right? -- and someone would call me on . . . Monday. I hollered a lot and will holler again on Monday prolly IF they call as promised. If they don't, I will be on the phone to everyone I can think of to scream and yell. It's been costing me money that I can ill afford and I am done with their baloney.
* I have to get Brice over to bring up a few of the holiday decorations. Maybe it will cure my 'bah! humbug!' frame of mind. I simply can't get excited about holidays anymore. Some motivation might help.
* Dental work was denied and the dentist is resubmitting my claim. Need I say more?
* I sorta broke my Black Friday rule. I actually went shopping on today. However, I didn't go to the malls or The Evil Empire. I went to a Big Lots store located in an old, nearly empty shopping center. Surprisingly, it was a tad busy but manageable.
Unfortunately, I spent a tad more than I planned because they had some books I wanted really cheap! Books are always my downfall. I also bought some ornaments for my lil' Christmas trees. I hope they work. They will have red and silver baubles -- aka scarlet and grey -- in hopes that my Buckeyes win the Rose Bowl!!!!!
* I'm glad y'all enjoyed the old TV stuff -- I had a blast looking at it and trying to decide what to use.
I know I sound cranky and yeah, I guess I am. However, I do always land on my feet and I'll be all right. I'm just tired of not feeling well and dealing with bureaucrats. Hopefully, the docs will help with the former and that will make the latter easier. Pray.