I've been sleeping a lot between trying to catch up on email and get around to see y'all and other nonsense. Of course this is all taking infinitely longer than I thought -- not unusual for the Kay.
* A heartfelt thanks to all y'all for your for your wonderful, lovely comments on my return!!!! It meant a great deal to me.
* Today was Trick-or-Treat in the 'Hood and I had to put on my glorious witch hat and greet and treat the lil' darlings! One of my neighbors got testy with me about calling our area "the 'Hood." I just laughed. One of the things I learned when I worked at the community center in one of the worst areas in our city was that wherever you live -- good or bad -- is your 'hood. Makes perfect sense to me. I like my 'hood! And yeah, we had it early of a big high school football rivalry. I didn't lie when I said here that football rules in this town.
* I got suckered in to re-opening my Facebook page which y'all know I "love". They sent an email saying that someone tried to get into my account which set me a-cussin' and when I re-opened it, as near as I can tell, they opened it for me because I couldn't find anything amiss. I honestly think those so and sos did it themselves. That said, I'm back there and if you want to 'friend' me, I'll be happy to accept just -- send a note and tell me who you are if you use a different name for blogging. AND I put a widget in the sidebar and you can just click to see me there. And yeah. I still can't see the point of it anymore than I can see the point of Twitter.
* I was checking my bank statement and nearly died of shock -- amazing how when a body doesn't go anywhere or do anything the money that's sitting there! In the last three months I've used less than a half tank of gas. Miss Ruby must feel abandoned but she hasn't said a word and feels just fine on the occasions I drive.
* I love my Neflix. Last week I had Season 2 of "Saving Grace". The week before I had Season 1. It was cool to see them in order and catch on episodes I may have missed. I think this week Season 3 is coming. I think I'm going to do NCIS in order, too.
* Y'all know that I'm an inveterate bargain hunter if you read here enough. Frugality is almost my favorite sport. I had to be near the Salvation Army Store the other day so I stopped by and found SEVEN brand new hardcover books by favorite writers at $1.50 each!!!!! 'Wayyyyy cooooooool!
* If no one else missed me during my hiatus, eBay did as there were a stack of emails imploring me to come back. Also, it's an indicator of how lousy I've felt. When I don't at least browse eBay once a week, something is definitely out of kilter.
Well. I'm tired again and need to get some more sleep. Hopefully. I'll get over this soon.