It's 5:00 a.m. and I'm taking a break. No I haven't lost my mind but I've been the White Tornado the past few days and I learned long ago that I should never quit when I'm on a roll. I'm deep cleaning my place and I'm definitely on a mission. I'm even cleaning out old paperwork! There are already 3 bags full of shredding and at least one more will be forthcoming. The trash man will earn his keep this week!!! Home is beginning to look more homey. Even the den is getting organized will have new curtains. Richard is coming over later to hang pictures for me. My kitchen and bedroom are nearly done as are the living room and the bathroom, too. The latter will be sporting new towels and a new shower curtain. The dining room has been the hardest because it's also my work area but it's nearly done, too. I tend to mix the tasks in different rooms -- soaking dishes or some such while spot cleaning carpet or dustting elsewhere.
What wrought this miracle? Lots of things that have been driving me around the bend. It hit me that I needed to re-organize my life and that if I started with my apartment, maybe the other things would fall in place and, if not, at least I'll have a decent place to focus on them. I've been like a mad woman today and am determined that all will be in place by Monday.
Here are some rather cool things that have happened and I learned:
* Saturday morning I headed for the local farmer's market. I got there too late and there wasn't much left. However, I was able to register for and receive fifty dollars worth of five-dollar coupons to be used at the market. It's sponsored by the State of Ohio's Senior Nutrition Program. I can use them for produce at the market (but not Mr. Kienzle's wonderful sausage or Ms. Lily's fabulous bread) until the end of October.
* I was at Wal-Mart at 2:00 a.m buying a few groceries and getting a few other things I needed. It's pretty surreal being in that giant store with maybe a dozen other customers.
* Did you know that the breakfast menu starts at 3:00 a.m at McDonald's? I learned that, too.
* I found a wondrous product for spot cleaning my carpet. It's called Spot Shot and it works a treat as our friends across the Pond would say.
* When trying to organize my paperwork, I kept finding bits and pieces of the novel I've been writing sporadically for about ten years (i.e., since I left my husband). In reading it, I was surprised that I still like it and I'm thinking that I need to tie all the pieces parts together, put them in order and flesh it out but first I need to type all of it into my computer. Argh!!!!!!! Oh well.
* I still don't have a new doctor. I've been unable to deal with that chore as well as a lot of other issues. I saw my sweet little dermatologist last week. When she removes warts she sends tissue to the pathology lab and last month mine showed something called squamous cells -- I looked them up on the 'Net and they ain't pretty, my friends -- so I had to go back in for a biopsy. I'll have results in about a week. Pray. Doc Lisa is funny. She worries about hurting me and marvels at how I just soldier through. I keep telling her that with my medical history, a doctor cutting at a wart on my thumb ain't nothin'!
Well, it's 6:00 am and I think I'd best get a few hours sleep. I hope to start getting around again and writing more soon barring more catastrophes. I might just take y'all on a tour of my lovely clean home.
I've missed y'all greatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!