Thursday, May 07, 2009

Another Busy Day in Kay's World

I did a lot of work yesterday -- both here and with Jeff and Alex. I even cooked here and sat down for a proper supper!!!! I'm working hard at taking care of myself properly -- for a change -- and we'll see how long it lasts. Who knows? I might even find myself organi . . . er . . . and healt . . . er . . . never mind. Hell will freeze first. Sigh.

My friend Diane called and asked if I'd like to go see the production of "Twelve Angry Men" that's being staged by the Bar Association in honor of Law Day. Despite being a drama, it's going to be a hoot because the entire cast is . . . local lawyers!!!!!! Of course I said yes because I want to see who is appearing. The interesting part is that they had to add performances because the two that had been scheduled originally were immediately sold out!!!! I think it will be fun -- especially with some of the wackos we have practicing law in our county.

Today I'm going to clean some more here. I also have to head for the grocery -- I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards and discovered that a lot of stuff was expired so lrder isn't as full as I thought. It's supposed to rain so I won't get my outside stuff done -- my front porch is a mess and so is my lawn but the latter isn't my job. I think I'd best call my landlord to see if he made arrangements.

My next trick is to get Richard over to help hang some pictures. He's the only guy I know who doesn't mind doing that sort of thing. 'Sides, I heard about a new shop with cool antiquey stuff -- he loves that!

I've been brain dead from focusing on all the uproar here and hopefully my posts will get a bit more creative soon.

In the meantime . . . I like to listen to old musicals when I'm doing housework because it energizes me and today I pulled out South Pacific. I know it's no longer politically correct but I still think this song is fun! Enjoy!



Happy Blogging!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like hangings,pictures that is.Being a Virgo I gets out the level and the tape measure and put up with Shirl's teasing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should listen to old musicals while I work...for inspiration because I HATE housework!

    I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and sitting down to a proper supper! (I like that!) :)

    Btw, I'd love to see my old bosses in a play...a horror movie, even. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy Kay. My leg is improving so it won't be long before I will be back doing my chores... Hmm one upside to a ruptured tendon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still trying to get some organization here too and it's a slow go. I also find South Pacific to be spirit food whether politically correct or not. Love the music and the way it was photographed. And finally that play sounds like fun which you definitely deserve after your recent sometimes difficult experiences. Hope your coming week is much easier.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.