Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Friday Groaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wonderful, lovely and talented friend, Fran of Sacred Ordinary sent along this excellent groaner that I hope will make y'all groooooooooaaaaaannnn as heartily as it did me!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

So Noah lands the ark, and tells all the animals to go forth, be fruitful, and mulitply. A little while later he walks around checking things out. The rabbits are [CENSORED] like rabbits, the minks are [CENSORED] like minks, and pretty much all the animals are doing the wild thing...
Except for one pair of snakes.

Noah asks them, "Didn't I tell you to be fruitful and multiply?"

The snakes reply, "We can't. We're adders!"

So Noah goes off and thinks for a bit. He chops down a tree, cuts it into logs, and builds a picnic table from the logs. He tells the snakes, "Why don't you try over here?"

The snakes go over to the table. A few hours later, he comes back, and sure enough, the snakes are . . . er, ahhhhhhh . . . being fruitful.

Which just goes to show . . .

wait for it . . .

Even adders can multiply using log tables!

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You used it, Kay. I don't know why I got such a kick out of this except that my ex was a mathematician who became a computer scientist. One time he had a dream and was mumbling about propping his adder in the corner. I asked him about it the next day and he said it was a math thing. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... quite clever, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:43 AM

    great minds think alike, Kay!

    I just did a piece on big numbers on thursday :-

    http://www.savory.de/blog_feb_09.htm#20090219

    ReplyDelete
  4. groan!!
    Cute, I liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... It's a good sine that it didn't go off at a tangent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if Noah could have used subtraction on those rabbits. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.