Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thank God, It's Tomorrow!!!

Yesterday was one of those days where dragging my dead asker out of bed was not a good idea but if I'd stayed in bed I wouldn't know that now. Sigh.

I got dressed and drank my morning cuppa and gathered the paperwork I needed and I headed down to the south side of town to see the director of the program through which I am "employed" -- I don't have a job; I have a training assignment. She was in a vicious mood and insulted me (typical) but then went a step further and made a crack about my handicap after telling me that I'd be leaving Jeff and going to a new assignment soon. Sigh.

I shut up and got the hell outta there and took Miss Ruby to Nick the mechanic so he could finish her repairs after they assured me that she would come home this afternoon and had one of the guys drive me home.

At home, I did a few chores and thought about my encounter with the director and the more I thought, the angrier I got. I tend to second guess myself a lot so I called Marcia and told her what the director had said. She was appalled and asked what her problem was and we brainstormed what my next move should be to no avail. Sigh.

I called Diane to explain why I am definitely quitting the committee we both serve on and she told me that she and the founder of said committee are also tendering their resignations. The you-know-what is gonna hit the fan on that. The general agreement is that we can no longer associate ourselves with a dishonorable person. Sigh.

Nick's secretary called and told me the diagnosis and damages (cost) on Miss Ruby and I didn't have a heart attack and she assured me that they would bring her home in a couple hours. Just before five, I called and asked when they were bringing her home. She checked and said Ruby was going to stay overnight but would be home in the morning. There went my errand and dinner plans. Sigh.

I called Marcia again and told her to stop by for a brewski 'cause I wanted company but she had to pick up her grandsons after school. Sigh.

It was one of those days where I had no luck at all. I hate days like that. However, I got to thinking and this crossed my mind . . .



Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love that song! We all have days like that one, Kay; but there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope today is better. Perhaps you will get the same pleasant weather surprise we did--not nearly as much snow or wind as expected. Good luck with Miss Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there's always tomorrow.

    For the life of me I don't understand why people have to be so rude. Honestly my brain gets tired trying to figure it out. My only guess is they aren't aware of it.
    About a year ago someone that I thought was a friend called me a name that I took rather personally.
    She is from the east and claims that's just how friends talk to each other. I called her on it! My heart isn't heavy about it anymore, but her's will always be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had such a bad day. It seems like bad things come in bunches, but so do good things so you are due a good day.

    We all have had the kind of witches (we all know that's spelled with a B, right?) in our lives. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 PM

    No one has a right to be rude to you. This is one unhappy woman but that doesn't mean she can take it out on you.

    You have so many positive people in your life. Stay away from this person if you can. She is not worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy: Me, too! It's a song I use as a reminder.

    Mary: Slightly better. The damn weather doesn't help.

    Jan: Oh, she knows, Jan -- she had better as a boss. She just thinks she can push us elders around. She just might get a lesson by the time I'm done with her.

    Darlene: I hope you are right. There's more not so good forthcoming.

    Maria: I can stay away from her if I get another job but who hires 61 year old stroke patients. The answer is nobody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in bed nearly all day with a killer headache. I think I may have a sinus infection - but I don't have time to be sick.....Waaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:32 PM

    It is so tough when another woman insults you. There is an article about the way woman are aggressive in the workplace that would interest you.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/jobs/11pre.html?8dpc
    In my experience, insults always backfire on the insulter, sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.