Friday, January 16, 2009

The Friday Groaner

We have a new contributor this week!!!!!!!! My dear friend, Annie of Blue Gables, sent along a fun selection of one-liners. They're not quite groaners but I think y'all will get a couple good chuckles and perhaps a groooaaannn or two!!!!!!!! I did!!!!

I had amnesia once . . . or twice.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

I am neither for or against apathy.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

If the world were a logical place, men would be the ones
who ride horses sidesaddle.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home, and when he grows up,
he'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.

Experience is the one thing you have left when everything else is gone.

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity.

How can there be self-help groups?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground
and I'll show you a man who can't get his pants off.

Is it just me, or do Buffalo Wings taste like chicken?

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. These are cute, really nice. I like them. Some made me think more that they made me laugh. A couple were real "teeth showers".

    Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:46 AM

    Kay--You are right! Those aren't groaners, but they certainly produced chuckles for me. Thank you.
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're always on the same wavelength. You mentioned Buffalo wings and I mentioned chicken wings. What will we come up with next?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... a great collection Kay. my favourite is number five. Having rode horses I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kay, I like these!! and the nice thing about one-liners is that I might actually be able to remember one (or two) to share with someone in conversation (like the DH)

    keep up the good work lady, and thanks for the vote of support on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Original and funny. I really love one liners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:41 PM

    You're right, Kay; groaners they are.
    I stopped by the say thanks for your comment at my place.
    I love YouTube, too, and can get hung up there so easily - suddenly hours have gone by.
    What fun!

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! I like the one about protons, being a (very lapsed) catholic!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.