Well, the Christmas tree downtown is lit courtesy of Hizzoner da mayor who wanders around with a couple guys clearing the way crowds for him. I miss our former mayor who needed no such thing -- she just turned up at the damnedest places and acted like "just folks" and even remembered everyone's name but I digress . . . At any rate, downtown is all dolled up for the holidays and all the shops were open for our monthly First Friday celebration. The ice skating rink was open, too -- 20 degree temperatures guaranteed that! I had fun despite freezing my asker off and will pay for it later, I'm sure.
* I finally got my sidebar back where it belongs after a LOT of finagling and lessons learned. You'll notice that a few widgets and awards are missing and they will return slowly but surely. There is still a lot of housekeeping to be done here.
* I haven't put up the Blogger "following" widget yet because only having 9 followers is kinda embarrassing and makes me insecure. I was just at a blog that has 155 followers. What am I doing wrong? Actually, it doesn't matter because I love all y'all unconditionally.
* Speaking of the "following" feature, it annoys me greatly when I try to add a Blogger blog and they say I can't add it. Duh?
* BearNaked has a sinful but delicious treat at her place. If I'm gonna get fat, I'm taking y'all along for the ride!!!!
* I'm working on putting together more of the Founding Fathers thoughts on various amendments in the Bill of Rights. Each will appear as I finish it.
* Tonight is symphony night and we have a guest soloist -- a pianist from Moscow who is coming to us with rave reviews! Needless to say, I'm excited!!
* My buddy Chaz over at Dustbury featured a great quote from conservative columnist, Robert Stacy McCain: "At some basic level, politics is about popularity. When the other guys nominate Will Smith and you nominate Mister Magoo, no grand ideological theory or demographic trend is necessary to explain why you got your ass kicked." He was nice -- he didn't mention Caribou Barbie.
* Here's my favorite video for the holiday season. Eartha Kitt is one of my favorite vocalists and that she's now 81 and still going strong gives me hope!