* I really shouldn't complain about this stuff -- it's the first time I've been this sick in a couple years other than the aches and pains that have cropped up since my stroke. I'm in pretty good shape for the shape I'm in mostly.
* Election 2008 is challenging my last nerve. The pit bull should be arrested for inciting the citizenry. I swear someone is going to get hurt as a result of her venom. And the nasty campaign ads and mud-slinging are the worst I've heard in decades on the planet. I remember all the nastiness about JFK in 1950 about his being Catholic and how the Pope was going to take over the country. (Today they'd be worried about his stance on the right to life issue). Today it's Obama's race. Does it occur to these people that he is bi-racial and he was raised by his white mother and maternal grandparents in Hawaii -- probably the most racially diverse state in the Union? I've been of the mind that our environment shapes us mostly. Lately, it's the "guilt by association" thing. Tell me who among us doesn't have, in our circle of acquaintance, people whose views we don't share and have less than perfect backgrounds? I want to be judged on my own my own merits not some of the people I happen to know for one reason or another. And yeah, I still wanna vote "NO!" for president. (stepping down from my soapbox until the next mini-rant attack appears)
* There's a new award in my sidebar. It came courtesy of BearNaked -- a darling lady with one of the prettiest blogs around. It's her very own design -- it's the Bouquet of Bears Award -- and absolutely darling!!!! I apologize for putting it up so late. It isn't that I'm not honored; it's that I've been slothful in blog maintenance. Life intrudes on blogging, dontcha know? Thanks, Bear, for such a lovely award!
* There's a another new award in my sidebar. Dear Joy of Six (thanks, my friend!) who has been my blogging buddy almost since the beginning awarded me a lovely award, that originated in Portugal or Brazil. It celebrates the closeness that blogging brings and is given for friendship and loving generosity. The rules are to pass it on to 8 blogging friends who have brought me laughter, joy and friendship through blogging. This is a real toughie but I think I can do it! In no particular order, I choose:
- Rain of Rainy Day Thoughts
- Fran at Sacred Ordinary
- Judy at Imagine . . .
- M.E. at Xtreme English
- Hal at Always Question
- Jo at Along the Way
- Naomi at A Little Red Hen
- Steph at Incurable Insomniac
* I like Blogger's new "Blogs I'm Following" feature. And I'm slowly but sure getting y'all added. It lets me know when y'all post new stuff. Somehow Bloglines has never worked well for me. I like it that they show me who has a new post right at my dashboard. Cool, huh? I'll really love it when they get all the bugs worked out. So far it's helping me get around to visit a bit better.
* Is anyone but me worried about Golden Lucy? She hasn't posted since July! I hope and pray she is all right.
Hope y'all are having a great day. I am firmly planted here with my meds and the Buckeyes and old movies. I don't know why. but I watched "Pretty Woman" last night and cried like a baby at the end. That's never happened before. Yeah, I like it but cry? I only cry at the end of "Casablanca" when Bogie tells Bergman, "We'll always have Paris" and I always will.