It's in the 90s here in Ohio and I 'm working alllllllllllllll day today and we don't have central air in our offices! It's our silly season and it got even sillier this week with happenings with some of our clients. I won't bore y'all with details except to say the INS wasn't involved. Whew!!!!
* Friday was a day off and I spent the whole day putting together a new shelving unit for my stereo. It's so heavy I can't finish without help. Hope Isaac is around when I get home.
* So many of you have had problems accessing the new How I Got to Be Me blog that I did away with the registration stuff. I can't figure out how to fix it properly and "help" was helpless. It isn't listed anywhere do I'd advise that you bookmark it. Almost all the posts have been moved there and soon the new segments will be there, too.
* I tripped across this article at CNN News. I think it has a lot of truth in it. Venting is good for your soul -- but we already knew that, didn't we? Shrinks say blogging shouldn't replace counseling -- I think they don't want their income to drop. Blogging is cheaper than a shrink and if it works, go for it! Just my take.
* A big "Atta girl!" to my friend, Lia, of Yum Yum Cafe, won the very first prestigious Storytelling Excellence Award of The Elder Storytelling Place. Her story, Collective Critical Censorship, is a wonderful read and I guarantee you will love the ending as much as I did!!!
* Steph over at Incurable Insomniac is celebrating her 6th Blogoversary this week. Stop by and check out her pretty new white sand and blue water layout and join the celebration.
* A friend who knows how much I love lobbyists -- NOT! -- sent this gem along from those wonderfully twisted folks at The Onion! I didn't know whether to giggle or cry.