The weather has me in Cranky Old Broad mode. Only one word describes what it's like here: Brrrrrrrrr. Temps in single digits are not good for this poor old bod and, as usual. I wish I could jump on a big silver bird and go play beach bum for a few days. Instead, I'm thinking again about various and sundry occurrences this week.
* I found another winner!!! At my beloved full-service gas station I had the nice man check Miss Ruby's oil. He said it was getting a tad dirty and should prolly consider an oil change soon. I'm trying very hard to make sure I keep her in good condition, so I asked a couple people what it would cost and where to take her. I should prolly preface my next statement by telling y'all that I really hate car maintenance so I put it off a bit. I finally decided on a place that's relatively close to me and I am delighted! I never had so much fun getting maintenance done on my car in life! It only took ten minutes and I laughed the whole time! The owner and his help were really funny and checked all sorts of things on Miss Ruby and declared her good to go. AND even better, they gave me a rebate thing so I get ten bucks off when I bring her back. Cool, huh?
* I'd like to see some new contributors to The Friday Groaner. The queue has enough to last a few weeks but I always like to keep ahead. And we can't let Kent, Stu and Nancy do all the work, can we?
* Presidential candidates are dropping like flies since the primaries began. The latest to end his campaign is Fred Thompson and rumor has it that Mike Huckabee is broke -- so much for Iowa. And Ron Paul keeps raising money -- mostly from the grass roots contributors. Sounds like his message for tax reform and returning to the Constitution has caught a lot of attention.
* Congress got a four thousand dollar raise and we ordinary mortals are getting eight hundred bucks? Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's something wrong with that picture. And no, I'm not sending the check back.
* The Mammography Center at the hospital always sends my results from my annual test in a pretty pink envelope. My mother is a breast cancer survivor because they caught it early so as cavalier as I am about my health, I never miss that. Today my pink envelope arrived and I tend to open it with bated breath. The good news is that I'm just fine. Amen and hallelujah!
* The local grass roots citizen's organization, of which I'm still secretary (getting re-elected is easy when no one runs against you), has undergone a leadership change and I'm not convinced it's for the better as rumbling is beginning. Last year we never had a problem among us. I'll resign before I put up with everyone arguing. Last year was fun.
* I saw "The Bucket List" and laughed myself silly. I love Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson and it looked like they had a lot of fun making this film. I've noticed that there are actually a couple other films I'd like to see -- unusual for me as I prefer the classics. I think I'd like to see "Atonement" and "National Treasure" -- I've heard good things about both. Your input is welcome.
Hope y'all are having a great week!!!!