We had Trick or Treat here on Sunday -- I put out my "The Witch Is In" sign and filled a big bowl with goodies. As usual the little ones were adorable but winning my favorite costume of the day award went to an over 6 ft. tall young black man -- probably around 15 who came dressed in a pink satin formal. I laughed like crazy and so did he and he got extra candy for his chutzpah! lol You know his apparel will keep the gossip machine going over at the high school!
Hope y'all enjoy this little thing my friend sent along as well as couple more unusual pumpkins! I liked it but then I don't take myself or getting old too seriously. I figure I might as well laugh at myself -- everyone else does!
You know you're too old for Trick or Treat when . . .
* You get winded knockin on the door.
* You have to have another kid chew your candy for you.
* You ask for high fiber candy only.
* When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, it throws you off balance.
* People say, "Great mask!" . . . and you're not wearing one!
* You knock on the door and say: "Trick or . . ." and can't remember the rest. (This is moi.)
* By the end of the night your bag is full of restraining orders. (This one confused me!)
* You have to choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.
* You're the only Power Ranger with a walker. (Does my cane count?)
AND . . . the main reason you are too old to Trick or Treat is . . .
You keep having to go home to pee!
Happy All Hallows Eve today and a blessed All Saints Day tomorrow!
My trick or treat centers around dealing with Dell and tech reps and deciding whether I'm going to the ER or not. Sigh.