It's another day in Paradise. For some reason I'm not sleeping again. Fighting with Dell on Monday for about four 4 hours didn't help. That I haven't felt well doesn't help. It's like the world keeps slowing me down. I finally called the doc today and they couldn't work me in but sent me to the after hours clinic which is infinitely better than the ER. I had hacked up my leg doing that dreadful chore we women deal with now and again. It wasn't healing and kept getting sorer and the area around the cut kept getting redder and really hurt! When it started spreading into streaks and I was having dizzy spells, I decided that I should call. The doctor said I should have come in sooner. I am now on two antibiotics and taking today off from work. It's prolly better I don't run up and down those stairs all day at work.
* The computer is more or less up and running. I have to get all my programs installed and the files transferred. I've been so frustrated with Dell and all the crap they put on this thing, I could scream. I emailed them a Top Ten List of the reasons I should pack this and the printer (4 hours last night -- mostly on hold or getting disconnected -- with their tech support and it still doesn't work!) and my favorite entry on it was: I've been using computers for nigh on 20 years and I think I know what I need and want -- I don't need a nanny questioning me every time I make a move. Vista doesn't impress me either. Then again, I really didn't like XP when I first got it either. I hope I figure out how to circumvent/uninstall all the junk eventually. Until then, please bear with my kvetching.
* I plan to post a picture of my workspace for TGB's Where Elders Blog as soon as I get my photo stuff installed. I'm also think I'm going to take photos of my dining room set which everyone who's been by has pronounced perfect. I still have some pictures to hang and a lot of organizing to do but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel in the distance. I'm tired and I want to be done with all this.
* I bought myself early Christmas gifts that will last a while -- season tickets to both the our excellent symphony orchestra and the ballet. This Sunday they're doing The New World Symphony -- one of my favorites -- and I'm really excited about it.
* I want to attempt a trip up north to see my Uncle Joe before the snow flies -- he's been my favorite uncle since I was a baby and his middle daughter, Michelle and I get on like a house on fire -- she and I were the ornery ones in our youth. Aunt Ingrid is an absolute doll. I'm hoping to get copies made of some of the family pictures that my mom threw out after my parents divorced.
* How 'bout my Ohio State Buckeyes? I hadn't great hopes for this year because we lost a lot of excellent players to graduation and the NFL draft but they're doing great! Maybe we'll even -- dare I say it? -- beat that team up north again! Joared and I will be cheering a lot!
Well, I'd better get to bed so perhaps I can get something done tomorrow. Hope y'all have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!