Saturday, September 22, 2007

Random Thoughts after a Weird Week!

The Kay's so-called life remains in an uproar -- some positive, some negative and some just weird. Sigh. And I'm working very, very hard to get it settled again because I yearn to get back to y'all and get caught up on what you're doing. I miss you lovely folks!

* My young friend Emily has been going through a rocky time and I feel obliged to help her because I've been there myself. Please pray for her! In turn, she has been helping me get this mess I call home in order so y'all can see why I am inclined to help.

* My problems with my upstairs neighbors are coming to an end . They are moving . As I type this it is 11 p.m. and she is screaming at her "roomie" at top volume and I'm contemplating a little going away gift -- a visit from the cops. Then again, an end to my sleep deprivation makes me so happy I just can't be bothered. Their new neighbors may not be so kind. If the ruckus doesn't stop, I may re-think the going away gift. LOL

* I'm delighted that y'all are enjoying the groaners and that several of you enjoy contributing. I have a few in the queue for a few weeks. Please feel free to send them along!

* Is anyone besides me disgusted with Hollywood icons who use their acceptance speeches for awards to further their political/social agendas? I don't care if I agree with them or not -- such occasions are inappropriate. Sally Field, who I have always thought a classy lady as well as a wonderful actress, really disappointed me -- The Flying Nun isn't supposed to have a potty mouth! Just my take.

* I learned some really interesting things about bureaucracy this week that confirmed what I already knew: it isn't on our side. Sigh.

At any rate, the adventure I call life continues and I am alive and about to get better! Hopefully, I shall be back to daily posting and wandering the Blogosphere soon! I wanna come home and hang out with y'all!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 AM

    Take your time, be patient, and keep telling yourself that this too shall pass. We'll be right here when you do get back to us full time. I've kinda been away more than here myself the last few weeks. Happens to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the pressures that build up in life when you leave blog world. You must return....you must return....you must return.... Have I hypnotized you yet? The real world is being run by Hollywood and the media so there's no sense hanging around there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling girl, all too well. Keep the faith. ^j^

    ReplyDelete
  4. When acceptance speeches get off-topic like that and go into their political stand, that's when they need to blare the music and whisk them off the stage. I hate it when Susan Sarandon (who I happen to like as an actress) gets up and talks endless politics. Just accept and present and if you have something endearing or funny to say, say it, if not, a simple Thank would be sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:15 PM

    You are offended by a 'potty mouth' but you are not offended by the savage killing of 100,000+ Iraqis by trained american killers?

    Sigh!

    I think Sally Field did a good thing to shake you guys up about your murderous 'leadership' !

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:17 PM

    Oh, and BTW.

    Winston has a photo for you,Kay.

    http://www.nobodyasked.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/shitcreek.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scarlet: I agree -- the best acceptance speech was by Elizabeth Taylor when she won for Butterfield 8. She simply took her Oscar and said, "Thank you!"

    I am offended by the Bush administration and its policies, Stu! Bur I don't feel Sally chose the proper forum to vent.

    Anon: I'll bet Winston does & I'll bet its funny! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Agree with you Kay. I get sick of stars using their stardom to vent their politics.
    Hang in there and come back to the blogosphere. . .we miss you
    a

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:25 PM

    many of us feel unrepresented, certainly demeaned by what is going on in this country. that is why we are frequently not "polite" in our responses, take the opportunity whenever presented to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie -- Thanks and I'm trying. Things are still hectic but I am getting them under control and laughing a lot. It's all an adventure.

    Naomi: Most of us are unrepresented in the many areas that affect us. And the War in Iraq is only the tip of the iceberg that our country has become. SOMEBODY voted for that
    idiot but I can't find anyone except The Man who admits to it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:38 PM

    I think that people who have a public voice have all the more responsibility to speak up for good and to expose evil. Sally's language was for emphasis and did not offend me at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.