Monday, December 11, 2006

A Decision & an Explanation

It is with a modicum of sadness that I have decided that I will no longer allow anonymous posts here at my blog. Someone who is a problem in my life has been leaving comments here that are meant to upset me (How do I know this -- my cute lil' counter told me -- not specifically but it doesn't take a Ph.D. to figure out.)

Soooooooo despite, in most cases, my not caring who posts a comment or what they say, I'm just making myself comfortable. I believe in what Voltaire allegedly said: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." On the other hand, if you don't want to let me know you were here, I'm sorry. I love meeting new friends here and seeing old ones pop by to say hello. As soon as I figure out how to disallow anonymous postings in my settings I will do so -- Blogger help seems to be pretty helpless on this one. And if any of y'all know how to perform this task, please let me know & explain it as simply as possible. A techie, I'm not.

In case anyone was offended by my "Random Thoughts -- Cranky & Otherwise" post, please accept my apology. My point is that government is becoming overly intrusive in all of our lives and I, perhaps, used an outrageous example to illustrate it. I do, however, stand by my basic premise that morality and personal choices (including bad habits) cannot be legislated effectively. Watch this space for my thoughts on the size 0 models.

With that said, I'm off for an overdue visit to Kay's Neighborhood (i.e., my links)! I'll see y'all soon!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 AM

    It is unfortunate there are sickos around every dark corner just waiting to cause trouble. You cannot offend me ... unless I allow you to do so. Even a personal attack won't offend me. Piss me off perhaps, but not offend. Some have thinner skins and I've always thought it because of their own lack of self-confidence.

    Do what you have to do to keep the buggers at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I'm sorry you have to come to this Kay. I also know it's necessary to keep these kind of comments from driving you friggin' nuts. I think we all understand where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.