Sunday, September 24, 2006
Something Funny and Food for Thought
I know! I know! The nerve of me to make you think on a Sunday morning! However, if I can do it, you can! The Man in Motown sent this along yesterday and I advise you to read it carefully and think before you answer and you'll do just fine!
A Test for Dementia:
It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert. The saying; "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so... Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence. Take the below test to determine if you are losing it or are still "with it." The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you have made your answer. OK, relax, clear your mind and, then begin.
1. What do you put in a toaster?
Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," then give up now & do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, "bread," go to Question 2.
2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?
Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed. If you said "water" then proceed to question 3.
3. If a red house is made from red bricks & a blue house is made from blue bricks & a pink house is made from pink bricks & a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?
Answer: Greenhouses are made of glass. If you said "green bricks," why are you still reading these questions? If you said "glass," then go on to Question 4.
4. It's 20 years ago, & a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany. (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany & East Germany.) Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately, the engine fails before
he has time and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of the "no man's land" between East Germany & West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors: East Germany, West Germany, or in "no man's land"?
Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors. If you said anything else, you must never try to rescue anyone in a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated. If you said, "Don't bury the survivors," then proceed to the next question.
5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, 6 people get off the bus & 9 people get on. In Swindon, 2 people get off & 4 get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off & 16 people get in. In Swansea, 3 people get off and 5 people get on. In Carmathen, 6 people get off and 3 get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What is the name of the bus driver?
Answer: Oh, my! Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!
Posted by Kay Dennison at 11:46 AM