I'm not going to say much about what those blankety-blank Rethuglicans are doing to us and if anyone think they need to explain it to me, I hope he/she think again because it won't be published. I have already experienced cuts and groceries are almost luxury items and for sure, I can't afford the kind of food my doctor wants me to eat. Needless to say, I am worried. That Obama is putting our Social Security on the table is a betrayal of me and all the dedicated elders who gave their dedication and countless hours to his re-election. And I've been on the phone to my representatives to tell them what I think -- like they care and yeah, I'm angry with all of them irregardless of party.
* Please excuse my crabbiness -- it's the time of year when I have to deal with government a lot and it has that effect.
* AND I'm annoyed with Blogger -- my blogroll is all screwed up and their so-called 'help' is helpless (note to mention 'hopeless. And is Google taking over the world? I hope not, but it sure seems like it.
* Here's a blast from the past that reminds us that the more things change the more they stay the same. I was one year old when it took place which proves that the more things change, the more they stay the same. They didn't call him "Give'em hell Harry" for nothin' and I think Obama needs to take a page from him.
* On Sunday, my stepsister called to let me know that Barb, my stepmom, was/is in hospice. Needless to say, I was on the phone so fast it would make your head spin. I called the facility where they had taken her as well as her best friend, Karen. I talked to Barb, too and she's doing really well AND -- TA-DA!!!! -- it looks like she's going home in a few days which is weird because when one is in hospice, one doesn't usually go home. I'm pretty much committed to making the trek to Toledo in a few weeks to help as much as I can.
* Jeff stopped by last week with Shaughnessy who was delighted to see me. I, of course, felt guilty because I've been too depressed to call/visit anyone and promised to do better. The again, all the people who are guilting me are perfectly capable of calling me. If I'm not calling, it prolly means that I'm in isolation mode or busy -- either way, it's okay!
* It's almost time to renew Miss Ruby's license plates and I was appalled that they raised the cost -- again!!! $54.95 is a hell of a lot of money for a damned sticker. Heck! I deserve a discount for doing it online instead of clogging up the Deputy Registrar's office. Oh well.
* And here's Bill Maher at his finest with his panel last week. Enjoy!!!!
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!