I have been AWOL from here and the blogosphere due to dealing with my never-ending health issues and assorted other nonsense that seem to permeate my so-called life. I feel bad about that but it is what it is and there are some things that one simply can't change. The again, maybe if I were more organized . . . er . . . never mind.
* I saw the new doc aka Dr. Dave and Dr. Maria made another great referral. I swear she knows all the best specialists in town, i.e. the bright, no B.S. types who know their stuff and don't shilly-shally which is great for me and her other patients. Dr. Dave said my carotid scan didn't show enough so I am now scheduled for three more test (yikes) and a return visit in the next two weeks. I think that I should just camp at the Foundation -- but only if they give me Internet privileges.(laughing uproariously at the thought.) Seriously, I just hope that the tests provide some insights and solutions.
* I'm trying mightily to eat healthier but I just don't have an appetite or the energy to work at it. Cooking for one sucks and I'll be damned if I'll eat the same damned thing for days.
* We actually had a real bona fide winter storm on Friday. This is the weirdest winter I've ever seen in my over six decades in Ohio.
* My Sunday delight is Bill Moyers' return. I've always enjoyed his programs and the newest incarnation is no exception. This morning's episode, "How the Right Went Wrong", features Bruce Barlett -- the conservative economist who served under Bush -- and has fallen into disfavor (probably because he actually makes sense). It's a wonderful piece albeit a bit long. If you go to billmoyers.com there are shorter clips.
* Alec called and is very upset. It seems his damned fool son is threatening to head for Ohio with the dog because he wants to help me. I told Alec to chain Jeff to the first tee at the club and hold him at gunpoint to play. His presence would not help and just add to the stress I'm supposed to avoid. Just the thought raises my blood pressure. If he could just send Shaughnessy, I'd like that a lot!
* I get all sorts of petitions for legislation daily from the various newsletters I follow and I'm seriously thinking of adding the links as an extra feature so they don't clutter my regular stuff. I sign petitions 'cause I can't afford to donate much and there's a lot of good things on the table.
* I did receive a really fun link from RootsAction. It's a contest based on Mitt Romney's assertion that "Corporations are people. and y'all can enter here. To enter, just complete the sentence: I'll Believe Corporations Are People When ... My contribution? I'll Believe Corporations Are People When They Request a pregnancy leave. Fun huh?
Okay! I'm off to see how many blogs I can read before my eyes cross!!!! See y'all soon!!!!
That's about it!!! Have a great day!!!!!!