* There isn't enough money on the planet to get me out shopping on Black Friday. Christmas shopping is going to be very limited at my house. I only do gifts for children these days. Michelle asked me what I want for Christmas and I told her that if she bought me anything, I'd spank her. I really don't need/want anything. What I really need is to get rid of some stuff.
* From my 'They're At It Again' department: I've been busy with various projects including signing the petition to repeal the HB 319 which gerrymamders Ohio into 12 Republican districts and 4 Democratic districts. Ohio is a is not a 'red' state; we are a 'purple' state and this bill does not reflect how we vote and if y'all think we can't do it, recall our stellar repeal oh the union-busting bill last month. These idiots don't learn, do they? I also signed up to work on Election 2012. I hope we get the same excellent response on this. Y'all can read about it here.
* I just had a visit from a couple well-dressed Republicans who wanted to explain to me how the Bible applies to the world today. I think y'all (and God) will forgive me for being crabby with them. I'm getting a "We are the 99%" sign for my yard in hopes that that it will act as a repellent again these visits.
* Here's a clip from an email I received from our not so beloved, soon to be one-term governor, John Kasich who, like Scott Walker of Wisconsin, would be sweating out a recall if we had it.
"I'm personally thankful for having been able to announce in the past two weeks that Ohio is helping to create almost 2,000 new jobs for Ohioans. Overall in 2011, Ohio has worked with small, medium and large-sized businesses to create more than 15,000 new jobs for Ohioans. That's more than 15,000 families who will have a better, brighter future. We've still got work to do, but it's exciting to see Ohio beginning to get back on track."
My response? Puh-lease!!!!! 9.1% of of Ohioans are unemployed and that's a false figure because it's based on the the number of people collecting unemployment and blithely ignores the thousands of Ohioans whose benefits have run out. That he sent this is an insult to me and my fellow Ohioans. How stupid does he think we are? Never mind.
* Here's less than three minutes of giggle of from Chris Matthews explains why a recent survey said that Fox News fans are less informed.
* Today Ohio State Buckeyes play their big rivalry game vs. the University of Michigan Wolverines so I'll be glued to the television this afternoon. We haven't had a stellar season but long-time fans know that that's immaterial to this game -- anything can happen and it probably will. And here's the Best Damned Band in the Land doing their signature 'Script Ohio' routine -- always amazing. The honor of dotting the 'i' goes to the most senior tuba player. I never get tired of it. I can't imagine strutting carrying a tuba -- they are heavy!!! Enjoy!!!!
I hope to get around to see y'all later!!!