As I mentioned previously, today was doctor day as well as grocery day and "all the assorted nonsense that keep me functioning reasonably" day well so I spent most of it running around with Miss Ruby -- after taking her to the gas station (Yikes!!!!!), of course. She needs to be prettied up, too, but that will have to wait until after the holiday (I don't think she has a hot date with a BMW so that's okay and if she does, he'd better like her just the way she is. :)
* I had almost decided when I got home that I would not post here until tomorrow but when I checked my email, there was a message from my hero: Senator Bernie Sanders. He is still gathering signatures for his petition that he's taking to the President and asked me to ask y'all to sign it -- if you haven 't already -- because he'd like to take 100,000 signatures to President Obama. Right now it stands at about 98,000 and I figure that if y'all sign and ask your friends to sign and so on . . ., we can reach that mark and beyond!!! Here's the link: http://sanders.senate.gov/petition/?uid=c1fd7f9b-abd8-4e7a-a370-1867881259d8. Just click on it to sign and pass it on and help send a loud message to President Obama!!!!! Thank you in advance for your support!
* Dr. Maria was surprised (shocked?) when I whipped out a list of symptoms and concerns for her and we sat down and addressed each of them. The upshot is I have two new prescriptions and I will be seeing a neurologist and a ear, nose and throat specialist soon -- and the Legion, as I refer to my docs, grows -- I mostly don't like neurologists -- they have no sense of humor but with my history, I'm used to them. Bet y'all know how all this excites me -- NOT!
* My next stop was the grocery -- bad idea 'cause every elder on the NW side of town was there -- but I figured that with the holiday, it was only gonna get worse so I bit the bullet and filled my cart.
* The pharmacy was busy, too, and not long after I gave the tech my new scrips, I heard them asking me to please come to the pharmacy counter so I stopped what I was doing and went to see what they wanted. When I got there they told me that my insurance wouldn't pay for the ear drops Dr. Maria ordered. I asked, "How much?"
Answer: "about $200." Well, I was good and said, "No way." She said that she would call Dr. Maria and ask her to prescribe an affordable alternative. She called me later to tell me that Dr. Maria prescribed an alternative. Hallelujah! So I get to go back there tomorrow again.
* I was starving as I drove home and so I stopped at the excellent Greek restaurant in my 'hood and picked up a bruschetta with tomatoes and feta cheese -- a serious yum -- for about the same price as a fast food combo and ohhhhhhhhhh so much better and healthier for supper!!!
All was not skittles and beer, however. As I was unloading my car I fell going up the steps again and my knee bled and is black and blue. I iced it and it feels better. Someday I gotta learn to slow down.
Bryce was over and I gave him his birthday card. He laughed as it read: "When Mozart was your age, he had composed a dozen symphonies/But I bet he couldn't play video games as well as you do!" There was also cash which I'm sure he liked best! LOL
Tomorrow I'm gonna rest!!!!!!!!!!