Monday, January 10, 2011

Afterthoughts on Tuscon

So many thoughts on the Tuscon travesty that my poor damaged brain is on overload . . .

* How ironic is it that Daniel Hernandez, the intern who helped save Gabrielle Giffords, is both gay and Hispanic? And he says that he's not a hero.

* Obama London has done an excellent job of tracking the deletion of comments on Sarah Palin's Facebook page and her and one of her minions claims that symbols were surveyors' symbols -- not cross hairs. And if y'all believe that -- I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for ya. . .

* Keith Olbermann made a brilliant statement yesterday. It's worth every single minute.

Here's a very short video of Gabrielle making an excellent statement last year. Does Sarah Palin truly believe there is no retribution for her hateful acts?



And this takes the cake: Rep. Bob Brady of Pennsylvania wants to introduce legislation banning symbols like cross hairs on websites -- like it would really help.

That's it for today. I just got off the phone with Rain who wrote an excellent
commentary on this horrific tragedy.

Kay

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Olbermann is absolutely right. The comments on the video, however are quite depressing. Oh, what a world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surveyor's symbols? No... no... you've got to be kidding! It's all so shameful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are commenting, educating, sharing. So sad, what our current events include. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed your link to Rain's post (I would have red her later) and tried to make a comment. I got carried away and Google wouldn't publish it because it was too long. That's a first for me.

    Rani makes some good points, but I have a different take on the situation and solution. (If there is such a thing). I posted on the shooting today and may follow up with the points I tried to make on Rain's blog.

    It's all too tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I am not able to pick up Olbermann's remarks in Safari or on Firefox. I'll try Chrome.

    Such a sad, sad time for all the people and their families in the Tucson tragedy.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.