* As per Ronni Bennett's call to arms for Social Security. I tried to call my new "teabagger" Congressman and tell him to vote for HR 1685 per her instructions. When the 800 number didn't work, I called the House switchboard and used some of my daytime minutes and free long distance to tell him to leave Social Security alone and pass the damned bill. I told my senators the same. My sainted grandpa used to say, "If it ain't broke. don't fix it." Social Security is solvent so of course the greedy GOP wants to get their sleazy claws on it and fill their pockets. Raise hell!
* God/Buddha/Yahweh/Allah or whatever y'all call the Big Guy must have loved idiots -- he made so many of them. And we're reminded of this daily when we read the news.
* Note to Willy: Word on the street is predicting that your Hogs are gonna play my Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl. I wish both teams well and think it will be an excellent game but you know who's gonna win and their colors are Scarlet and Gray! :)
* Just when I thought the birthers had pretty much shut up, this idiot decides to fight with Anderson Cooper. There are fools and there are damned fools and this guy is the latter. One of my ex-husband's favorite lines when discussing politics is "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullsh*t" and I think that applies to the birthers.
* What galls me most is that all of the crap going on is because -- my stars and garters!! -- we elected a black man! Does anyone remember that his mother (who raised him) was white? And that his grandparents, who took over when his mom died, were white. AND he grew up in Hawaii -- the most multi-cultural, multi-racial state in the Union. From what I can see and have read, Hawaiians cannot afford to be racist because families that have a so-called "pure line" are rare. Ignorance is bliss, I guess, but dammit, I think it's time that these racist idiots "man up", grow up, and shut up. I'm not naive enough to believe that there's no racial/ethnic problems in Hawaii but I suspect it's not a big deal because I haven't noticed any shouting in the news in the news or blogosphere.
* The funniest (and sadly far too true) thing I've read on Sarah Palin is this at Moscow News (Pravda). I love it when he refers to her "the former Governess of Alaska." I don't think it was a mistake in translation, do you?
* The best thing (and most intelligent) I've read on Sarah Palin is by CNN Senior Contributor Ed Rolins:
"If you want to be a player, go to school and learn the issues. Put smart people around you and listen to them. If you want to be taken seriously, be serious. You've already got your own forum. If you want to be a serious presidential candidate, get to work. If you want to be an imitator of Ronald Reagan, go learn something about him and respect his legacy.
If you want to be a gadfly, just keep doing what you're doing."
Y'all can read the rest of it here.
Okay, it's time to go get my blood pressure out of the stratosphere. Here's a song from from "back in the day", as my kids used to say, that rattled through my alleged brain that I think works in the current political climate and has a great message for us all but I suspect that certain people will blow it off as "dirty hippie music" even though they used to be one but that's another blog . . .
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!