Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful Buckeyes

No home for the holiday for the Ohio State Buckeyes. They had practice. However, they did get a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and the afternoon off. Friday means more practice. I can relate to that. The Dynamic Duo were college swimmers and they spent their Christmas breaks with a few days at home for Christmas and the rest training and competing in Florida. Life for a dedicated athlete is not easy and if you're not dedicated, your scholarship has a nasty way of disappearing along with your name on the roster. The level of competition in the Big 10 is fierce and I have a genuine respect for the hard work these young men put in in addition to their studies. And I've heard from reliable sources that Coach Tressel demands excellence in the classroom as well on the field. I think that's become a norm in college sports and I like that. I like this video a lot -- and it's short!!!!!



Sorry this is short but I had a busy Turkey Day with my brother and his wife as well as my niece and the darling grandnieces. My nephew was there sans his fiancee and her daughter (who I count as a grandniece) as she had to go to her parents' house. too. Matt sprung some news on me that took me off guard -- and I'm saving that for Sunday. Don't worry -- it's good news. He has strict orders that he HAS to call me Saturday or I'll track him down like a dog and I think he knows it's easier to call me than have me angry.

It's gonna be an interesting weekend!!!!!!!

Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

2 comments:

  1. Got a kick out of the video (!)
    Happy Thanksgiving, Kay.
    And I can hardly wait to hear what your good news is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:31 AM

    Glad you had a nice thanksgiving and I look forward to hearing your news.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.