Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TBDBITL

One of the best things about Ohio State Football has little to do with football but is an integral part of Buckeye football. It's what we call The Best Damned Band In The Land and plays a huge part in the spirit of Ohio State Football. They not only perform at skull sessions (pep rallies) before each game, they march across campus to the gym and the 'Shoe and the walkways are lined with fans cheering as they pass. Here they are earlier this season:



And I love the drum section's warm-up on the ramp -- I think it's amazing!



One of my favorite traditions is the playing of Ohio's official rock song!!!!
Joared -- my friend, fellow blogger and faithful Buckeye fan loves it, too.



Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging and Goooooooooooo Buckeyes!!!!!!!

Kay

6 comments:

  1. The band is one of the best things about college football :)

    Also, one of the best things about the Buckeyes is the fans, "You Guys Rock"

    ReplyDelete
  2. gigi-hawaii12:14 PM

    Love HANG ON SLOOPY!!! Every time I hear that song, it reminds me of a very handsome blond, blue-eyed man I dated when I was a freshman in college. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bands. This is just the best stuff. :) She writes tapping her toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe that when I was living in Ohio I thought the words were Hang on Snoopy??? Who the heck is Sloopy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LTTS: You betcha and awwwwwwwww shucks -- Michigan has great fans, too.

    gigi: It's Ohio's official rock song!!! The McCoys were from Dayton, Ohio and Sloopy was from Steubenville. Isn't it funny how songs remind one of people/places/things?

    Maggie: They don't call the band "The Pride of the Buckeyes"
    for nothin'

    Alice: I sent you an email re: Sloopy. It's a fun song that I remember from my college days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Yeah, Sloopy is a great tune. The young drummer on our Columbus TV show band, John Tatgenhorst, wrote the OSU band's arrangement which captured everyone's attention. He went on to significant music business success.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.