I've been ohhhhhhh sooooooo remiss in posting and visiting and hope y'all will forgive me. I still feel and look (according to my neighbor) "wrung out and put away wet" as a southern pal is wont to say, and I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I think I need to call Dr. Maria on Monday morning.
* I've been home mostly and only leave the house if staples are needed. I just don't have the energy or inclination to do much. I did keep my appointment with my counselor and I'm asking myself why.
* I am still slowly but surely cleaning out my closets and I found two dresses (both black) that I've never worn. Sunday is symphony night so I'll probably drag myself there in the one that has long sleeves. They're having Andre Watts as guest artist --a wonderful pianist -- and he's playing Rachmaninoff (one of my faves) and with what it costs for my season tickets, I won't miss it. And yeah, I think I'm over the legal limit for black dresses again. Jeff always said that I never met a black dress I didn't like which is so not true! And yes, I actually have dresses in other colors but for some reason, I like the black ones best. Weird, huh?
* I watched just Rachel Maddow do an excellent interview with Jon Stewart. Y'all can see it here. It's not a big laugh but it gives a nice perspective on the man behind the laughter.
* I got this newsletter from Media Matters and it leaves me with a lot of questions about some of the things I see/hear in the media. Now I wasn't a journalism major but I did take a course or two and seem to recall that there were supposed to both ethics and integrity in journalism. I haven't seen a lot of that at a certain news organization. It may not be much better at other media outlets but at least there appears to be an effort made. Here's an excellent example:
* We had our first snow last week -- not a lot but enough that it took a while to melt. Sigh. I hate winter. 'Tis the season to hibernate.
* I love the people who call and tell me that I qualify for lower rates on my credit cards. I find it interesting and that they have no real idea who I am. If they did, they would know that I haven't any credit cards. AND furthermore, they are very vague on their company's name and hang up when I start asking them to give me that info or to speak to their supervisor. Frankly, I'd like to see these people out of business.
Here's the song of the week!! It has a remained a favorite since my misspent youth and looking back -- not a whole lot has changed except that Otis is no longer with us. I'll be by to visit y'all later!
Hope y'all are having a great day!