Yeah, whatever the hell this is that I have, it's still very much with me so I'm mostly vegetating. I haven't been working on John's campaign because I don't want to pass on this you-know-what and I really don't feel like it. However, I've been trying to get caught up on what y'all have been doing and think I have at least made a dent in that so I know that y'all have been busy, too, and I appreciate your comments and support despite my sporadic participation of late. I love y'all madly!!!
* My buddy Russ of Russ' Filtered News weighs in with an excellent memory of the Republican party before it was taken over by thieves, liars, and bullies here and a bunch of links that prove it that it's no longer the party of Barry Goldwater and Abraham Lincoln. I have always heeded my Dad's advice to vote for the man (woman?)-- not the party but I reiterate that I will never cast a vote for a Republican again until they clean house and get rid of these people who are more concerned (consumed?) with power than their constituents.
* I found this excellent blog, The Baseline Scenario on the economy because I saw one of the authors, Simon Johnson of MIT in a video with Bill Moyers (one of my favorites for common sense) on the economy and yeah, my hero Marcy Kaptur is in it, too. I took an economics course in college and how I managed a B+ in the course, I'll never know because I find it confusing. These guys actually de-mystify the problems so we ordinary mortals can understand them. It's a long video but definitely worth the time because it reveals how badly we have been treated. I learned a lot and it scares me.
* Has anyone besides me been confused by the inclusion of Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars? She's a star? I don't think so. (Rumor has it from Alaska is that she's preggers again -- so much for abstinence.) That DWTS is playing to her mother's antics tells me I don't need to watch it anymore.
* If I hear the word(?) 'sheeple' applied to anyone who doesn't support Palin and her toadies one more time, I'm going to hurt someone. The real 'sheeple' are the ones throwing the term around. Just my take.
* My good friend Rain posted this excellent piece on the Tea Party crazies. As usual, she makes excellent sense.
* Would you vote for someone who doesn't know what's in the First Amendment? No? Neither should the people of Delaware. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
* On a rare positive note this week, Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity will be held on Saturday and he's touting it on The Daily show all week. It's going to be fun! I wish I could be there. It's predicted that tens of thousands will attend.
Okay, my blood pressure is sufficiently elevated so I might get something done around here so I'm going to leave you with the song of the week! I think it's Eric Clapton at his finest!!!! And yes, we can change the world -- get out there and help and VOTE!!!!!!!!
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!!