* My son was in town and surprised me with a visit and new pictures of my grandsons. We didn't get much time together but I'm grateful whenever he chooses to give me a bit of time. I was delighted to see him looking fit again. His sister was also in town and didn't call so my heart broke yet again. If I knew or understood why this is so, I could do something about it. Then again, I think I know the source of the problem and I can't do much about that. Happy endings are just in storybooks in Kay's world.
* I saw the orthopedist yesterday. I like him. He is young, handsome but not excessively so, smart, and definitely no bullsh*t. (If he was thirty years older, I'd date him. lol) He did some x-rays on my shoulder to bolster the MRI and told me no surgery unless the tear gets worse.
* Jeff is incommunicado. Guess what? I don't care. I'm done with spoiled children and liars. His dad is upset and I feel bad about that but enough is enough.
* I'm wishing for a new apartment soon. My new next door neighbor was hollering at top volume about me not liking her kids' noise or playing in my yard. When I can't hear my television (and yes, my hearing is good) and no, I'm not going to turn it up because I refuse to bother my upstairs neighbor who also thinks the kids are too noisy and don't belong in our yard. The sad part is everything is fine except for her. Good thing she didn't come to my door. I refuse to argue with her. Hopefully, I'll get the apartment I want soon.
* Roger Ebert's excellent blog calls it straight on Glen and Sarah's latest shenanigans here.
* Doesn't your heart just bleed for this guy? Excuse me while I marvel at his stupidity. Please feel free to join me. Let me have his income for just one year.
* My buddy Russ sent a long some interesting links. As Jack Cafferty says, "It's getting ugly out there, folks." Or is that uglier?
* Check out my good friend, blogging buddy, and chemo survivor with gusto Alice and check out her latest photo with her latest antics. The woman is an inspiration par excellence!!!!!
Do you think that maybe -- just maybe -- if people stopped being so damned angry we could actually accomplish something good? Then again . . .
This week's song:
It came out in '76 and I used to play it and dance with Kate when she was fussy. Now it's one of my housework tunes 'cause it gets me out of my chair for dusting and vacuuming. What I really need is a floor scrubbing song and a organizing song! Suggestions????
* As y'all can tell, life has been taking it's toll on my time and has affected my blogging. Also, I owe a couple of y'all emails and will try to get caught up soon.
* I might go a-wandering this weekend so that will interrupt this blog but will provide interesting stuff for here. I really need to get back to working ahead.
* Darlene: Geneva-on-the-Lake has to wait until next summer. Labor Day weekend is a zoo!!!! But I am going back to re-visit the scene of my youthful peccadilloes next summer. I mentioned my failed trip to ex-hubby when he stopped by the other day and he laughed and saud, "As long as when you sit down at the bar the bartender doesn't pour your favorite beverage of that time without asking." I blushed remembering the time early in our marriage when we went into a bar in Kent and the bartender/owner did just that. LOL
Hope y'all are having a great day and have a great Labor Day weekend!!!!!