Yeah, things are still complicated, to put it mildly at best with a few more wrinkles in the fabric of my life thrown in for good measure. Don't worry -- the fabric is that ugly, indestructible stuff so I will survive one way or another. Survival seems to be what I do best but it makes me cranky and I have to vent or take heavier meds. I'd rather vent and wait for the days of wine and roses to return.
Here are the highlights:
* I am delighted that y'all enjoyed the glimpses of Schoenbrunn. And there's a lot more to see and I'm going back soon as well as visiting some other places nearby and not so near. I've pretty much decided to buy a membership in the Ohio Historical Society which runs many sites (including Schoennbrunn) as it allows me free admission to a lot of these places and could save me money in the long run. Cool, huh? And yeah, I'm tentatively planning another trip this week!!!
* Alec stopped by this afternoon after golf and offered to take me out for supper.
I had been working around here and was in no condition to be seen in public. I think he wanted to talk about Jeff and I can't help him as I don't understand anything either and no one is getting any answers. If we were, it would be nice -- or at least honest. Sigh.
* Alec also told me that I'm too thin. I thought about it after he left and got on the scales. I've dropped about 20 lbs. and two jeans sizes and a dress size this spring/summer. That is not good unless they want me for Project Runway which I doubt highly. I really need to go buy some jeans that fit which is difficult at 5'10". Sigh. I have a feeling Dr. Maria may not be too happy with me next month.
* We're still on 'baby alert' and poor Michelle is sooooo miserable which leaves me on standby and worrying with her mom.
* My nephew called to tell me he's going to tell me he's going to be a daddy and I can't decide why unless he couldn't think of anyone else to call. I was properly excited for him and asked him to keep me posted -- like he will. Uh-huh.
* It's Football Hall of Fame Week and it sure doesn't look like much fun so the gang is limiting participation. They aren't bringing anyone good in for the Rib Burnoff's entertainment so we're voting with our feet and staying home. The parade party still is on so I'm hosting brekky and barbecue since I'm the one who lives just off the route.
* I'm planning a run up north to Toledo in October and hope to fit in an event at the home of President Rutherford B. Hayes in Fremont. It looks like fun and includes an old time baseball game and assorted other activities. I love Indian summer in Ohio so it should be a great trip.
* I'm trying mightily to get (and stay) caught up with y'all despite assorted distractions. Keep good thoughts, okay?
* Here's a video of a song that's been rattling around my brain. I love Billy Joel and this song rings rather true this week. Sigh. Don't worry -- I'm really okay.
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Random Cranky Tuesday Thoughts
[NOTE: If any of y'all are having trouble posting comments here, please try using 'ANONYMOUS' and leaving your name with your message until Blogger decides to fix it.]