Sunday, March 21, 2010
An Award for Moi?
I never cease to be astounded when one of my blogging buddies gives me an award. That my miscellaneous ramblings and rants would deserve such is always a surprise.
This one really threw me. My dear friend Joy of Joy of Six was the very first new friend to comment on my blog. (My first comment was from Hal of Always Question -- a longtime 'net friend who encouraged me to start this journey.) Joy has given me an the award above. As cranky as I've been lately, I wonder at that and whether I deserve it but here we go . . .
The simple rules that come with this award are:
1.When you receive this award, you must thank the person that awarded you in a new post.
2.Name 10 things that make you happy.
3.Pass this award on to 10 other bloggers who make you happy.
Thank you, Joy!!!! Any time your name appears in my mailbox, I smile and an award is icing on the cake!!!! You are a truly excellent friend!!!
Ten things that make me happy:
1. Sunny days with no obligations.
2. My grandsons and grandnieces
3. That my brother the 1st Sarge and his men are home from Iraq safely.
4. Small miracles.
5. Blogging and the friends that come with it.
6. Old movies
7. The Canton Symphony
8. Chocolate -- especially from Heggy's
10. Visiting my home town.
Now the really hard part -- choosing 10 Bloggers to receive this award. I read so many really great blogs that this is always a toughie. My choices, in no particular order, are:
1. My talented young friend Ily of Another Day in Paradise keeps me smiling with her tales of her life and times in Miami. (The charcoal sketch she made of me hangs near my 'puter.)
2. Dianne of Forks of the Moment and Do You See What I See has a wonderful sense of humor and a fabulous gift as a photographer that make a visit to her an adventure.
3. Kay at Musings is always fun to visit with great photos and interesting stories of her travels and life in Hawaii.
4. Judy at Imagine . . . is one of my oldest and dearest friends -- not to mention my soul sister -- in the blogosphere and she always has something interesting to see and read.
5. Claude at Photoblogging in Paris leaves me marveling at her gorgeous photos of Paris as well as her travels around the world.
6. My good friend Naomi of A Little Red Hen has taken me on a cross country journey from New York City to Portland, Oregon punctuated with doses of political activism and her creative knitting for spice.
7. Rain of Rainy Day Thoughts is one of my best friends and, for my money, is one of the best political writers around and also writes about a lot of other interesting things as well -- with beautiful photography to boot!
8. Life in our nation's capital is often the topic at my dear friend M.E.'s blog, Xtreme English. She also writes about politics, life with cochlear implants, and a variety of other topics -- with a rapier wit and style!
9. My other dear friend Naomi at Here in the Hills calls herself The Old Old Lady of the Hills (Beverly, that is) but you wouldn't think so as she shares her busy life as well as lush photos of her gardens and lovely luncheons and parties as well as reminiscences about her careers as an actor and artist.
10. Gigi of gigi-hawaii writes about her life in Hawaii with humor and style and covers a variety of interesting topics and even excellent recipes -- she's published two cookbooks!!!!!
What I hate about awards is that I always have to choose among all and it's always so difficult because each blog I read is special to me in its own way as is its creator.
Thanks again, Joy -- I love you madly!!!!!
Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!