Wow!!!!! It's Saturday and we're in the midst of our first real snow -- I actually had to get out my snow brush and I put on what I call my stomper boots. I'm not certain how much we're due to get but I brushed over an inch off Miss Ruby this morning because I had to go to the bank to deposit a check which seemed rather surreal.
I realized how rare my visits are to that institution -- I have my SS check on automatic deposit and do most of my banking online but I recall the days when my appearance there at least once a week was almost mandatory and all the tellers knew me by name. I sort of miss that. The computer is making the comfort of human contact a thing of the past and de-personalizing us. Sad. I have whole weeks where I have no real contact other human beings other than my computer. I'm not certain that's a good thing -- convenience isn't always what it's cracked up to be.
* I got my Part D fixed for the coming year and am keeping my current provider. I'm going to pay the $7.66 (which works out to sixty-three cents a month) that Ohio wouldn't pay. Letters have gone out to my state senator and state representatives asking how much the lobbyists paid them because there doesn't seem to be any benefit for us elders. I also mentioned that my vote will be damned hard to get next election and won't hesitate to pass on what I've learned.
* Saw Dr. Maria this week and I have a new scrip -- she said my potassium was a little high and not to worry about it too much but my daily banana has got to go. Sigh.
* Dr. Krishna's (hare hare) PA called and there was no mention of potassium so I guess the diet is off but he ordered another scrip that Medicare doesn't pay for and that's twelve bucks I can't afford every 2 months. He sent me for a thyroid scan last evening so I'm sure they'll call next week with results. Pray.
* I actually felt human a couple days this week and got some things done. I think I have put my finger on part of my health problems.
* Tuesday I see my favorite doctor -- Dr. Jamie, my ophthamologist, for my annual exam and follow-up on my eye infection that I'm pretty sure has healed. He is handsome and fun so it's always a joy. He always pats me on the head because I've done so well since my cataract surgery and always asks about my blog. He thought it a riot that I wrote about it on my blog. His office is a happy place.
* My stepmom sent me a small check for Christmas. I am grateful -- she isn't rich so I, in some ways, wish she hadn't. It also means I can't say I got nothing for Christmas. I have had an itch all week to head up north but the white stuff this morning sorta was a gentle reminder that I really don't want to take that risk. And my undone dental work is also a factor. Sigh.
* Boston Tea Party anniversary responses: From my Congressman: 'We have received your email. Thank you for contacting our office. Due to the increased interest in how Congress is working for Ohioans, please know it may take some time to respond to your particular inquiry'; from Senator Voinovich: nada, zero, zip -- he's retiring and hardly did anything useful anyway-- I liked him when he was governor here; from Senator Brown: "We have received your email. Thank you for contacting our office. Due to the increased interest in how Congress is working for Ohioans, please know it may take some time to respond to your particular inquiry." No one even read it. I have never voted for this idiot and never will. At least Boccieri was polite. I was heartened when I saw 'increased interest in how Congress is working for Ohioans'. It tells me that I'm not alone in my frustration -- we're all mad as hell and want answers! I hope y'all had better results than I did. The phone calls went slightly better but not great.
* Word to the Wise: Y'all may be having teen visitors during the holidays, be careful about letting them use your computer. I don't care how good they are, they go to junky sites the collect all sorts of crapola. Brice was over the other day and he screwed up my computer to a fare-thee-well! I had to do a system restore and assorted other nonsense that I hate to do. And I'm still not sure I have everything right yet.
I hope y'all are ready for the holidays! My decorations are up but my heart really isn't in it. I got my Straight No Chaser CD and it's a delight -- it almost cured my malaise! If you missed my post on them, check it out!!!!!
Here's a video that I found that is a definite mood brightener. It's a blast from my misspent youth and it actually got me out of my chair and dancin' around the house! Enjoy!!!!!!