Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Saga Continues . . .

I woke up this morning after four hours of sleep -- my neck so tight I was ready to cry and the back of my head has a tingly, sort of numb sensation along with blurred vision. I think that indicates something other than a viral thing but I could be wrong. I had to go to work and fax in my payroll to Akron and do a couple other errands as well so I did -- I am constantly reminded that I don't really work for Jeff, I work for another agency who lends me to him. He told me when I left that I needed to go home and rest because he could tell that, if anything, I was worse. I told him that there is no rest for the wicked and toddled off on my errands.

Miss Ruby was really hungry so I fed her at the gas station and I was hungry so I took myself for a late brunch at my friend's restaurant thinking that the big hug that's always part of visiting there might help.

Afterward, I came home and decided that I needed to do something about this so I again called the clinic and actually got someone to listen. I told my long sad story and they said would connect me with the manager but first I had to talk to a nurse type who told me she could get me an appointment on Monday. Monday?????? Wrong answer. I finally said okay and that I might even show up and she transfered me to the manager's office. Of course, I got her voice mail which annoyed me greatly and I hung up.

In the meantime, I became seriously stressed and felt worse and worse. I finally called them back and they jumped to get me with the manager. She talked to me and explained that she sent my chart to be checked by a nurse. The nurse was nice when she called back and like everyone else apologized for the rude ER doc. However, she didn't have a solution for me except to see the doctor on Monday and go back to the Walk In Clinic tonight. Sigh.

So I did what she asked. I went over to the WIC at six and saw the doc who turned out to be the father of a guy I went to high school with and he told me that I'd had enough antibiotics to knock out any infections so we had to try something else. He pretty much ignored the pains in my neck and head and gave me a scrip for . . . Claritin! I have no allergies so this doesn't make sense -- to me anyway. However, I'm going to be a good little soldier and do my duty until Monday and let the doctor I'm supposed to see. I haven't great hopes. My head and neck are still bothering me.

I did do some thinking after I opened my mail and discovered that a couple things with my benefits had changed -- amazingly enough for the better. Yay!!! I am going to go looking for a family practice doctor and an endocrinologist affiliated with the other hospital here in town -- the hospital that took such great care of me when I had my stroke. I've only been where I am because I had no health care. Hopefully, that will help a lot. And even better, I learned that my Medicare will cover dental work now. I'm still upset about all this mess but I've come to terms with it.

Thanks to all of you for your love and support. I love y'all, too!!!!!! I am exhausted and have pretty much decided that I'm mostly in for the weekend. Richard called and said that he's going to come over and mother me and take me to the wholesale flower place and we're going to look for new curtains for my little den and make a stab at getting it organized. We'll see.

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!



  1. Anonymous3:48 AM


  2. Kay, I'm so damned worried about you. I can't understand what the hell's wrong with the medical people in your state! We don't have health care either, but when I took my adult son to the ER last month, they took great care of him.

    Please demand to be taken seriously!

  3. Gentle bear hugs (((Kay)))
    I'm hoping the medical tean will soon have you feeling better.
    I wouldn't stress out anout the white space on here.
    I managed to find the comment section just fine.

    Bear((( )))

  4. I'm glad Richard's coming over could use a little 'mothering.' Please take care Kay.....Maybe things are finally looking up...huh?


I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.