* Vince Flynn's high tension series has the CIA at it's center with a female director and an engaging operative/assassin who take on bad guys all around the world and even within our government. These timely thrillers are definite page turners.
* Joan Hess has two mystery series both of which are written with her tongue planted firmly in her cheek. My favorite is the one set in Arkansas in the little burg called Maggody. Oft beleaguered Chief of Police, Arlie Hanks, is the central character of a cast that makes the wackos on the old Green Acres television series look normal. Scary? Nope. But you might die laughing.
* James Patterson is one of the most prolific writers around today has several series that consistently make the best seller's list. My favorite is his Alex Cross series -- which has titles taken from nursery rhymes. Patterson is an excellent writer with interesting villains and enough twists to keep the reader guessing. If you saw the film "Kiss the Girls", it was based on a book from this series.
* I'm sure most of y'all have heard of David Baldacci as he almost perennially holds down a spot on the Best Seller's List. His "The Camel Club" series is a new favorite of mine. The members of the club are a motley crew who, with the assistance of a Secret Service agent, uncover all sorts of crimes within our government. So far there are two of these and I'm not so patiently awaiting more.
* Julie Smith's Skip Langdon series also features a lady cop and it's set in New Orleans -- one of my favorite cities -- and she captures it's essence wonderfully. I identify with Skip -- she and I share insecurities -- as she defies her ultra snobby Garden District family in her work as an ace policewoman.
I hope y'all check out the links and try an author who strikes your imagination!!! Any of these authors will provide you with a great read!!!!! Enjoy!!!!
Happy Reading and Happy Blogging!!!!