* The Tribe lost tonight but it wasn't a drubbing. We had a good time and I got a cute bobblehead doll and, as always, the post game fireworks were awesome. I am not a fairweather fan like so many in NE Ohio. I love my Tribe, my Cavs, and my Browns win, lose, or draw and I'm gonna be good and not cast denigrating remarks at the damn fools who defected to the dreaded Steelers in the dark days.
* Obama has been nominated more easily than expected. Points to Hillary for standing up for him even if she probably doesn't mean it. I think somebody probably pounded it into her head that splitting the party would be playing into the Republicans' hand. I think Biden was a good choice for his running mate -- his foreign policy knowledge should be valuable. Barack gave a good speech and I'll be interested to hear more. I want steak -- not sizzle.
* Next week it's McCain's turn to tell us how he's going make our lives better. I wonder what Karl Rove has cooked up for him. And who in the hell is his running mate? Just guessing but I'm guessing that she's a G.O.P. talking head.
* And yeah, I still wanna vote NO! for president.
* Recommendation: I just finished CNN commentator Jack Cafferty's book, It's Getting Ugly Out There. Read it. I like Jack. He is an Equal Opportunity Annoyer. I watch The Cafferty Files if I'm home and he impresses me -- he doesn't discriminate and will make shish kabob out of anyone of any party, faith or color who he thinks is wrong. I also like his sorta snarky sense of humor.
* Alice of My Wintersong is taking a break from blogging. I will miss her but I empathize. I've thought of that, too, of late but can't make up my mind. The good news is she's still sending me groaners!!!! I was worried that I'd be losing a great contributor to The Friday Groaner.
* My OSU Buckeyes are kicking off their season at the 'Shoe at noon so here's a video featuring The Best Damn Band in the Land's pregame show. Sure wish I could be there! I'll be keeping an eye on the game as I go about my chores.