Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Morning Random Thoughts

I made it to Mass early this morning after spending much of yesterday feeling like garbage so before I head out to refill the fridge, etc., I thought I'd share a few thoughts and things I tripped across this week.

* Thanks again to all y'all who are following "How I Got to Be Me." I'm astounded at the responses both here and in e-mail.

* Speaking of the series, I found a cute ceramic sign that falls in with my contention that life's too short to wear ugly shoes. It reads: "One shoe can change your life. -- Cinderella" Of course I dropped the $12 for it and it will grace a wall near my desk.

* I was directed to this
blog by a friend who has met the author personally and vouches for her credibility. That the friend who directed me to it is a staunch Republican and VietNam vet sends a resounding message. I am outraged. What do you think?

* If you've been reading here for a while, y'all know that I am rabid on the subject of the sexualization of children. I hate seeing little girls tarted up like Times Square hookers. Heck! I was appalled when my Kate was about nine and my mother-in-law bought her Calvin Klein underwear and that was nothing compared to what they're hawking now. Check out this article on
Miss Bimbo and weep. I did and, again, outraged, too! Have we lost our sense of decency not to mention our minds?

* Want to learn more about the quality of care at hospitals in your area? In a rare display of taxpayer dollars well-spent, the Feds have set up a
website that does just that. It's really quite interesting, informative, and even user friendly -- it even adjusts the font larger for aging eyes! Good stuff!!!

* Is anyone besides me tired of the presidential race? From where I sit (as far away as possible), the front runners all leave a great deal to be desired and I've felt that way since I began voting forty years ago. Am I being picky? Damn right! I want a person of honor and integrity in the Oval Office. Is there such an animal anymore? I don't know but if there is, he/she is probably to smart to get involved with the mess this country is today. And so it goes . . .

* Found this on YouTube the other day. Is it possible to laugh and be scared simultaneously? I think so because that's how I felt watching this.



Hope y'all have had an awesome weekend and have a great week. The next installment of HIGTBM will probably appear on Wednesday. Oh! and The Friday Groaner will have it's last hurrah this week. I am very sad about that.

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Kay, that's enough links to keep me busy all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say it isn't true about Snopes -- oh well, not much is free of bias any more. Some other interesting links here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snopes...sad state of affairs. McCain...even sadder.

    As far as the Miss Bimbo site.... surgery for 9 year olds? Diet pills? YOU HAVE TO BE FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME!!!!! Stop...enough. These are babies. This site should be banned.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.