Name five things in your life now that you never dreamed would be in your future when you were 25 years old.
1. When I was twenty-five, I didn't realize that marrying my now ex-husband would be the biggest mistake of my life. I think I knew I was meant to walk through this life alone but that challenge frightened me.
2. When I was twenty-five, I never dreamed that a catastrophic illness would damn near kill me and slow me down for the rest of my life. (The details on this will be forthcoming -- it's too long a story for this.) Suffice it to say, for now, that I weathered it well.
3. When I was twenty-five, I had no idea that I would ever be be homeless and need public assistance. (Another 'nother blog) Another thing that I yanked myself through somehow.
4. When I was twenty-five, I didn't understand the joys of frugality -- now it's my favorite sport.
5. When I was twenty-five, I didn't know how much strength and, what some of my friends call courage, I have.
The good news about all of this is that I can laugh about most of it!
I'm tagging: Marty at Traveling Oma, Joared at Along the Way, Claudia at Fried Okra Productions, Joy at Joy of Six and Amy at An Authentic Life.
Y'all let me know when you post yours.