* caducity: n., senility; he quality of being transitory or perishable.
I like this word better than senility but the idea that old age is transitory or perishable bothers me. Both are probably true but I'd rather not be reminded.
* pogonotrophy: n., The growing of a beard.* roorback: n., a defamatory falsehood published for political effect; political dirty tricks.
Never in my wildest dreams did I suspect there was a word for this -- it sounds
like a contagious disease.
I think this word could be very handy in the coming Presidential campaigns and elections.
* sequacious: adj., unthinkingly following others.
Unfortunately, this word is too useful given the mentality I see around me in this country. It's why certain politicians keep getting elected.
* scrutator: n., one who investigates.And last but not least:
Despite sounding vaguely obscene, we could use a good one of these in our nation's
capital -- like yesterday!
* ataraxia: n., a state of freedom from disturbance of mind.
Another word that sounds terminal. Wouldn't it be fun (and a tad twisted) to very seriously tell a friend that you have ataraxia and watch their reaction? Even more fun would be telling them what it means! lol
No one will ever dare to accuse me of ataraxia after reading this post!