Thursday, May 30, 2013

Miscellaneous Ramblings

It's been pretty chaotic here the past few weeks and hopefully things will be slowing to a simpler pace soon. Thanks to all of you who have stood by me as I tap danced on the edge.

* We will be finally will be putting my ex-husband's ashes to rest on Saturday -- one day sky of his 68th birthday in the veterans' cemetery up north of here. I'm going to be nice and just say that I miss him.

* I've been spending a lot of time on the phone because Mama Barb, my stepmom, was placed in a nursing home and finally passed away this week. She was eighty-seven. They're burying her on Saturday. too. I will miss her. She has been good to me. Her best friend, Karen, said that nothing made Barb happier than a visit from me. I just am sorry I didn't get up to Toledo more often.

* They say that deaths come in threes. I wonder who's next. . . If it's me, I'd best get busy.

* Thanks to all of you for your input on changing my blog program. The bottom line is that I hate Google trying to invade my life without my permission. Silly me -- I think that I have the right to choose to social network or not and I refuse to join google+ or facebook.

* Alice over at My Wintersong sent me an excellent email about her Wordpress experience that I will consider if I decide to expend the energy to move.

Hope y'all are having a great day!

Happy Blogging!!!!

Kay

6 comments:

  1. Hope things stay on an even course. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your keyboard to God's monitor!!! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the lost of your stepmom. i know how much she meant to you. It has been a hard season for you. Hope summer is going to be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for your loss. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eighty seven is a good long life, but I know, it's still hard. May the summer breezes blow some good fortune your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, Kay. This has been a hard spring for us too with so many people leaving us unexpectedly. Please take some time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.