Thursday, April 18, 2013

Just Stuff

Yesterday I had my 66th birthday with no real celebration. Today was blood work day at the foundation which means I'll be seeing Dr. Maria next week so I'll be busy making a list for her of all the silliness that bugs me.

Did I mention that last week I had a nasty fight with ODJFS over my Social Security that had me tap-dancing on the edge? Well, I did. AND yesterday I got a call from a very nice man at Social Security who was pretty upset at their (ODJFS) errors and explained the whole bloody mess and straightened everything out in a matter of minutes. (I just have to wait a few days for a couple things to settle down.) I just love it when I prove those sanctimonious you-know-whats wrong. My insurance guy has been invaluable through all this. If I'd listened to ODJFS, I would have lost hundreds of dollars. The good news is that I'll be better off (not rich) than I have been in years. And that's has me smiling. It also means that my dealings with bureaucracy will be reduced. I'm smiling.

It's a bright sunny day in Ohio and I'm gonna go enjoy it!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!

Kay

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. I would say extra money from Uncle Sam is a great birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear about your silver lining--about time yours comes through. Even better news about the extra moola; I'm sure it couldn't have come at a better time, huh? Happy late birthday wishes to you. Mine (b-day) mostly come and go ignored as much as possible on purpose. The best thing about them is if someone gives me a slice of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New money is always good. Good for you getting through this chunk of red (eroneous) tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Happy Birthday Kay...hope this year will be a great one for you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Kay! What a great birthday present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good news on the extra money. i know that will help

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Kay. Here's hoping this is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm smiling for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday and congratulations for wrassling the bureaucrats to the ground! i've found the people at Social Security itself have always been very nice to deal with. it's the local eejits (NOT in DC) that have taken the stuffing out of me in the past.

    Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news! From my vantage point of almost 74 years you are just youngun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Happy Birthday and congratulations.Genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated wish, but not forgotten -- Happy Birthday! Am catching up here and glad to read that some good things are happening for you.

    Stay strong on your determination to stop smoking -- benefits for both your health and your pocket book. FWIW I'm not trying to be flip here, but many years ago my final cold turkey effort was successful when I made up my mind -- simple as it sounds -- to stop buying them. The first couple weeks were the most challenging. A friend tempting me later said, "You never stop, you just stop buying them" -- meaning you end up "borrowing" them -- she had no compunction about being a temptress. So, I also determined to follow my mother's admonition given to me when I was a child, "Never a borrower be" though she was referring to money and possessions. Hang in there! You'll be so glad you did. .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Kay! I'm glad you got a nice "gift" to cheer you up for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.