I've been a very busy girl despite the intense heat here in Ohio!!!! I wound up spending a couple days at the ex's -- it hit 100 here in NE Ohio. He got very bossy about it and said, "I don't want to stop by your place and find you dead". I sorta laughed at him at that but I decided that it was a good idea and spent a couple days at his place with him and the Seven Dwarfs -- his cats who are pretty well behaved. Misdemeanor is my fav.
* I saw Dr. Maria and she changed some of my meds and informed me that there is arthritis in my lower back -- no surprise there -- everyone in my dad's family who is tall and thin has had back surgery and arthritis so I'm just joining the ranks -- my brother is next. Sigh. We live long but not without a price.
* I've been taking an interesting class/workshop that could possibly benefit me greatly down the road -- it was just another reminder that there are benefits for being a responsible person. Tomorrow night we graduate(?). Who knows? Maybe it will bear fruit.
* Andrew Sullivan posted "A Story that Is So 2012" that really shows how crazy and stupid the political scene has become. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
* I'm still volunteering for the Obama campaign -- it's really kicking into high gear so I'm spending more and more time with it!!! (Yikes!) Last night was the grand opening party of the office here and by the time I got there it was standing room only. The mayor, of course, was in attendance as were assorted politicians and a lot of people I know from my work with various non-profits. And our former Congressman, John Boccieri, was there and I told him to call me if he decides to run again so I can help. It was a nice party.
* The latest sturm und drang continues here but I've pretty much decided that I need to make some changes. It won't be easy but I'm a survivor and land on my feet.
And here's the song for today -- a blast from the past when Soul was topping the charts . . .
Now I'm gonna go see what y'all have been doing before I head out for dinner!!!