* Quote of the Week: "We're never going to get this done, we're never going to solve our debt problem if we ask only those who are struggling in this economy to bear the burden and let the most fortunate among us off the hook." -- Joe Biden
* The International Criminal Court has issued arrest warrants for the Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, his son and his spy chief, citing evidence of crimes against humanity committed against political opponents. Big surprise. I hope they get him and I hope that the Libyans aren't just trading one despotic tyrant for another as so many nations have.
* Those nice folks over at Balloon Juice have come up with a new acronym for the double standard that GOP seems to espouse. I think it is absolutely brilliant: IOKIYAR: It's Okay If You're a Republican.
Do you patronize the DC Madam? Did you get caught? IOKIYAR
Did you advocate "Second Amendment remedies"? IOKIYAR
Did your bodyguards attack a protester? IOKIYAR
Did you put cross hairs on your website? IOKIYAR
You don't know American history or geography? IOKIYAR
Did you cheat on your wife while she was dying? IOIYAR
Did you destroy the lives of your mistress' family? IOKIYAR
Did you use a government helicopter to attend your kid's baseball game? IOKIYAR
But it's not okay to do anything wrong if you're a Democrat.
* Yesterday, as I have many times before, I got a letter yesterday from AARP asking me to become a member. Instead of just shredding it, I cut the membership card in half, wrote a large NO on the invoice and enclosed the following note:
Please be advised that I will NOT support or
join any organization that aids, abets, or supports cuts
to Social Security. Take my name off your list
* If y'all haven't seen the documentary "Inside Job", I highly recommend it. It tells and explains the truth about the banking scandal. Netflix has it.
* A tip of my Thinking Cap to Gryphen for this link. It lists President Obama's accomplishments and it's pretty surprising. Sometimes we focus too much on what he hasn't done too much while ignoring the bigger picture.
* Here's a minute Bill Maher to make y'all laugh a little -- of course, it's politically incorrect!