Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Election Day


Today all we can do is go to the polls and pray a lot (if you are so inclined). I liked the poster above a lot -- it's a great site.

I wasn't sure what/if I wanted to post today but I opened my email and the answer was there. This is from The Borowitz Report and I always enjoy it. Hope y'all do, too!!!!

As you head to the polls today, please keep these three things in mind:

1) Don’t be intimidated by electronic voting machines. There are simple instructions in English, Spanish, and Tea Party.

2) Your vote is precious. Politicians have spent billions trying to buy it.

3) Please vote because every vote is counted. (Offer not available in Florida.)


Hope y'all are having a great day!!!!!!

Happy Voting!!!!!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

11 comments:

  1. Well, I have to admit to being a little worried, but I'm trying very hard not to have anything like a meltdown. I'm over that (I keep telling myself). I think I caught your virus because I'm sprouting a new set of symptoms. This should help immensely because the clogged head is making everything seem somewhat removed and surreal. Voting in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my civic duty early. Hubby's managing the voting station in the school at the bottom of the hill. All alone now, I'm trying to figure out what to do to fill the day without turning on the news and listening to crap all day. If the polls are correct as predicted, I'm sure we'll hear quite enough of that in the next two years and then it'll start all over again. And I had a hard time living through the last four years of brother Bush. Hang in there Kay. Either way, we're bound for a bumpy ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I shudder to think what Teabagger script would be like.... big crayons and with spelling that ;eaves much to be desired...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:44 PM

    David and I voted 2 weeks ago via absentee ballot. Hope our guys win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved #3 :)
    The poster is great!!!
    We voted by mail, so our votes were in early, just waiting to see the outcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted early again this year....and I'm so glad I did. I hope the turnout was good. ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We turned off the election coverage on the TV and had dinner together in silence. It's like watching a car crash in slow motion. Will wait until the morning and deal with the aftermath. Sooo depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you for re-electing Marcy Kaptur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I voted last week by absentee ballot. I just love this option. It makes me crazy when people tell me they don't vote because they don't think it makes a difference. Arrrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just trying to catch up on my blogs. As I write this, it's all over. There are winners and losers. The biggest losers are 'We the People'.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.