It was a weird day what with the computer problems that plagued me. Call me obsessive-compulsive but there was no way in hell I was going to be able to sleep until I got it fixed so I didn't. Here are the highlights of a surreal day.
* I finally got my computer working about 10 AM. Then I had to get caught up on y'all which took until noon and apologies if I gave any of you short shrift when I commented or -- God forbid -- missed someone!
* I wanted to put a post on my Blogher blog but I'm still not comfortable there and have no idea what to write. Maybe I was just too tired to think.
* I finally put my self to bed at noon for a couple hours. I was awakened by a lot of hollering and the smell of melted plastic emanating from upstairs. Obviously my neighbor was "off the hook" again as the kids say. Was I upset? Damn right! However, I really didn't want to sleep too long so I could get back on a decent sleep schedule.
* I went to 4 o'clock Mass despite my feelings about the current news from Rome which has left all of us in shock. I've always been a questioner. I was the kid in parochial school who got in trouble for raising my hand and saying, "But Sister, that doesn't make sense!!!! Nothing has ever changed. Right now I am ashamed of and and confused with my church and my faith and need to work it all out.
* I had some wonderful broccoli-cheese soup for supper and tomorrow I plan to cook.
I'm going to make my infamous enchilada casserole. It's a serious yum!
* I just watched (while making lists) Last Vacation with Queen Latifah. It was a 'feel good' movie and just what I needed. She is a pretty good actress. Y'all can see/hear her talk about it here.
* Bill Maher 'New Rules' was wayyy crude this week but, as usual, has more than a few grains of truth in it. In essence, what he said to the Democrats was "To hell with bi-partisan -- y'all did fine on your own! Keep it up!" And of course the GOP got kicked to the curb. It's not for the faint of heart or easily offended.
* Thanks to all y'all for your wonderful comments!!!!!
I'm off to bed -- hopefully to get a start on a decent sleep schedule. See y'all tomorrow!!!!!