Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Few Thoughts Before the Madness Continues

The Hall of Fame Festival continues today with the first night of the annual Rib Burn-Off and Concert. This event draws some of the top purveyors of ribs in the country and it's loaded with great food. It will continue through Friday out at the County Fairgrounds with a different performer each night.

They used to hold it right downtown on the Central Plaza but our law enforcement people decided that crowd control could be maintained better at the Fairgrounds. They can also charge admission for the concerts now. It's quite inexpensive but it was kinda cool to see the huge mass of humanity downtown.


My crew won't be going tonight as none of us are huge fans of Seven Mary Three. We're going Thursday night to pig out on ribs and get a blast from the past from Pat Benatar. They might go again Friday night because some us are a little bit country and like Darryl Worley.

I'll be buried all day Friday as I'll be doing my volunteer stuff at the Civic Center but will catch up with everyone later at one of our favorite watering holes. Given my past experience with the last, an adult beverage will be in order -- maybe two! Don't worry -- we always have a couple DDs with us. We're old and crazy -- not stupid.


Today will be spent working and heading to the grocery to get the things I need for the Grand Parade on Saturday when I'll be playing "Hostess with the Mostest" for the troops. More on that later.

Please note in the sidebar that this blog is now powered by Feedblitz and you can subscribe if you wish and be notified of new posts daily.

Hopefully, I'll be keeping up with y'all through all the busyness of the next few days 'cause I have to work, too. Sigh.

Happy Blogging!!!!!!!!!!

Kay

5 comments:

  1. I love Pat Benatar. "Promises in the Dark" is my favorite of all her songs, and I sang "Hit Me w/ Your Best Shot" once at Karaoke. Have a great time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounds like a blast! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it usually is s.k,,-- it's kind of a nutty week. I'm cleaning house for the Saturday mayhem at my place.

    You can sing, too, Scarlet? What a multi-talented young thang you are! I can't carry a tune in a bucket! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds fun!! take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta -- the only one who takes care of me is me. Thanks for visiting me, Shelby!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.