Wednesday, February 13, 2013

State of the Union and Men Who Hate Women



Last evening I attended a "Watch Party" at Democratic Party HQ. Barb, our leader, called and to tell me how glad she was to see my name on the list because she needs a Data Queen and I just laughed a lot and said, "I'm your gal!" Soooooo it looks like I'm on board for the forthcoming elections as well as a rank and file member of Organizing for America -- Obama's PAC for the future. Even funnier, my team leader from the campaign called after I got off the phone with Barb to tell me about the party and I told him that Barb beat him to it AND that I had already signed up after I'd gotten an invite from Obama in my email.

It was a fun get together and Barb told us all about the inauguration discovering that that she would be attending THE ball instead of one the lesser ones and thanked us for delivering our county. She also showed us the program and photos. Good stuff!!! Obama is a class act.

Here's something that came in my email re: the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) which passed the Senate 78-22. Here are the 22 Senators who voted against it:



Senators who voted against the bill included Republicans John Barrasso (Wyo.), Roy Blunt (Mo.), John Boozman (Ark.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Cornyn (Texas), Ted Cruz (Texas), Mike Enzi (Wyo.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Orrin Hatch (Utah), James Inhofe (Okla.), Mike Johanns (Neb.), Ron Johnson (Wisc.), Mike Lee (Utah), Mitch McConnell (Ky.), Rand Paul (Ky.), Jim Risch (Idaho), Pat Roberts (Kansas), Marco Rubio (Fla.), Jeff Sessions (Ala.), John Thune (S.D.) and Tim Scott (S.C.).


I urge all of you to remember these names and would hope that y'all might drop a nastygram if your senator is listed. I might add that Sen. Marco Rubio is being talked about as a potential 2016 presidential candidate so please keep that in mind.

I'm slowly but surely getting organized here so watch this space!!!!

Happy Blogging!!!!

Kay

7 comments:

  1. Kay: Glad you posted the names. Doubly glad that none of these turkeys represent states I live in or have lived in.
    You are really a great resource to the Democratic Party, Kay. They are lucky to have you always working so hard for them.Keep that data coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Now, Kay, really! What did you expect from Kansas? I live in Kansas (unfortunately, husband wouldn't consider moving to anyplace else) and just attended a monthly breakfast with four women whom I've known for 40-50 years. They are all far-right wingers who think that I am hugely nutty. I cannot refuse to vote for Pat Roberts because I'm not in his district; but, I can send him emails!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  3. The President was spot on as usual. I hope his agenda gets passed. Marco Rubio is the latest tool in the Republicans who will never be President. I think if I were a Republican (God Forbid) I would stay far away from the response to the SOTU. It is a voyage into obscurity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. on your new position ... at the rate you're going, you'll soon be running the White House!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that you posted the names and photos as well. Right now the only thing people are associating Rubio with is water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to have the pictures to look at so I can remember the sobs. I see Utah is well connected to the nays. BAHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are keeping busy..Good for you

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!!! If you wish to post as Anonymous, please leave a name in your comment otherwise your comment will not appear.