Kay's World hasn't been my favorite place to be these past few weeks. It has been difficult at best and writing about it doesn't seem to be the answer because it just upsets me all over again. In short, it was an ugly summer. Tears are a daily event. Gallows humor is all I have left. If y'all recall, I've said here before: gallows humor is better than none at all. However, after a while it wears thin if that's all a body can muster for too long.
However, after wasting a lot of time with assorted nonsense, I am more or less back and face the daunting task of catching up with all y'all and bringing y'all up to speed with Kay's Wonderful World. And if y'all don't want to hear about it, I will understand. I really don't want to write about it but since we have had a long friendship here I think I owe y'all an explanation. Please bear with me as I get my poor, demented mind back on track and writing here.
I spent hours here today just going through email and there are two other accounts I haven't even logged into that need attention -- and I haven't really gotten Facebook straightened out yet. My great friend AQ left a note on my wall at Facebook and made an excellent suggestion for the two of us. He retains his high position on my Favorite People List (always somewhere in the Top Ten) and all I can say is: "You're on, my friend!"
Since my disappearance here I have been in the throes of a malaise that doesn't want to go away: a) I don't want to eat; b) I don't want to go anywhere; c) I either don't sleep or I sleep all the time ; d) I've pretty much isolated myself -- then again, no one here seems to worry about it 'cause the phone hasn't rung in weeks. A psychic long ago told me that I was alone and always going to be alone. It seems she was right and it sucks, to put it bluntly if crudely.
Here are a few random things that may explain the malaise I've been experiencing.
* Communication: When my purse was stolen last summer, my cell phone was in it and all my telephone numbers so I haven't been able to call those of you I chat with now and again. Help me out, okay? I learned a lesson here and won't soon forget it.
* Government-funded health care: Now that I'm on Medicare/Medicaid I'm learning about a lot of things. The best example is that it's taking at least 90 days until I can get approval for the dental work I need. In the meantime, I am embarrassed to be seen in public and only make necessary trips out. And if they don't approve it, I may never see anyone again. So much for the idea some people have of my "meeting someone" which isn't/won't be a part of the grand plan for me should I decide to make one. Do we really want bureaucrats making such decisions?
* Health: I do have a new doctor in an excellent practice -- I just can't see her until November 6th. In the meantime, I am still without medications and have some interesting new symptoms. I had wanted to go up to Toledo again to see my stepmom and the city before snow appears across the Buckeye State but I can't drive on the Turnpike or cross the scary bridge without medication and a panic attack isn't my cuppa in either situation. Sigh.
* Family: You've all read it when I've said that my family put the 'dis' in disfunctional and it still holds true and that's all I'm going to say on that here. Sigh.
* A funny: my brother the 1st Sarge in Kuwait/Iraq found my blog. It seems he googled the 762nd and my blog was like 3rd on the list. He laughed about it and sent the link out.
* How bad is it? I haven't been keeping up with my Ohio State Buckeyes as well as I should. I forget to turn on the game but you can bet I won't miss the Michigan game and am practicing the song "I Don't Give a Damn for the Whole State of Michigan" in preparation.
Well this is a longggggggg ramble -- even for me -- and so I'm going to end this by sending all y'all bundles of hugs and good thoughts and hope y'all come by and see me. I promise that I will try mightily to be here for you if not daily, at least often enough not to make you worry!!!
Gotta go get Facebook in order and get caught up on all y'all!!!!! This looks like a job for Batman and I seem to have misplaced my cape. LOL